Adding "close tray" option to windows explorer

vbimport

does somebody know how to add "close tray" option to the contextmenu of drives in windows explorer?

This is added when you install CloneCD.

I tried to figure out which dll files or parts of registry are needed to include this without CloneCD, but my search failed.

Just install ClobeCD and leave it be, the option will appear.

:slight_smile:

I have clonecd installed, but this option doesn’t appear! I have the latest version of clonecd installed, maybe this feature was removed in this version?

You have to have an Elby version to have this feature in explorer. You can do it from the Slylock version by right clicking on the drive.

Originally posted by Sorondil

You can do it from the Slylock version by right clicking on the drive.

CCD right-click to Eject/Close Tray

You have to have an Elby version to have this feature in explorer

so what are you suggesting? that I should install an outdated version of clonecd just to get this function back? come on, you are not serious. there must be some other solution!

I still use old 4.2.0.2 version and its slysofts version, the close tray option attaches itself to Windows Explorer.

I do not know if Slysoft version does this but from what I see in this thread so far, it might seem as if thought the fucntion was removed.

Originally posted by WRFan

so what are you suggesting? that I should install an outdated version of clonecd just to get this function back?

come on, you are not serious. there must be some other solution!
The suggestion is quite reasonable.
If you like this feature, then you can install the 4202 v. in a separate directory and use it.

And don’t worry of the rest, this might give you a clue :

> Driver : ElbyCDFL
Description : ElbyCDIO Filter Driver
Version : 4, 2, 0, 0
Company : Elaborate Bytes AG <

this is a pretty old one, and there were bugfixes made.
You can update it by installing the new CloneCD (from SlySoft).
If your registration is not accepted, don’t worry.
Just install it in a different directory and leave the elby Version where it is.
Old CloneCD will work with the new Filter

I have clonecd installed, but this option doesn’t appear! I have the latest version of clonecd installed, maybe this feature was removed in this version?

And what’s wrong with that ?

two versions of clonecd on the same system? I don’t feel comfortable with that. who knows what conflicts this may cause.

two versions of clonecd on the same system? I don’t feel comfortable with that. who knows what conflicts this may cause.

people do it all the time for different reasons. there are no known conflicts at all, just install to different directories. also don’t install virtual drive.

I don’t feel comfortable with that. who knows what conflicts this may cause.
One certian person knows for sure, I mean the one I quoted. It’s a pitty you didn’t realize that.
All in all, the subject has been discssed many times -
either choice ( i.e to find that or to install 1 more CCD ) is yours.

CCD ‘CloseTray’ back

Here’s a perfect option for you.
A great little open/close CDTray tool.
Best of all it’s free.

http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/utility/traycd/

-Cheers

Originally posted by Ssseth

Here’s a perfect option for you.
A great little open/close CDTray tool.
Not really, since its setup option is valid for 1 player; moreover, the tool is not there once the PC is re-booted.
When it comes to multiply units, the CCD4202 feature is much more convenient.

Elaborate Bytes used to have a Close Tray program in the ‘Free Software’ section of their website, but it doesn’t seem to be there any more.

I found a copy of it on my HD however, so if anyone wants it they can download it here.

Originally posted by aceuk
[B]Elaborate Bytes used to have a Close Tray program in the ‘Free Software’ section of their website, but it doesn’t seem to be there any more.

I found a copy of it on my HD however, so if anyone wants it they can download it here. [/B]

There was a good reason, Elaborate Bytes AG removed that tool. It caused some conflicts, can’t remember exactly…

Anyway, “Close Tray” moved into Virtual CloneDrive (which is, by the way, a rock solid virtual drive!). It makes most sense here, because there is no convenient way to close a virtual tray by hand.
Unfortunately the SlySoft version does not include Virtual CloneDrive yet, (a political decision? I don’t understand … maybe they run out of money to pay for it …) and Elaborate Bytes haven’t released a “stand alone” Virtual CloneDrive yet either…
I assume, they will do so soon, maybe even for free.

The ugly, but working workaround, until Elaborate Bytes gets into gear:
Install CloneCD 4.2.0.2 from Elaborate Bytes, and install the SlySoft version in a different directory. Installation order should be:
Elby version first, SlySoft version second.

I personally couldn’t live without it. Not only have I originally written it, it is one of the most useful explorer extensions around… :slight_smile:

Originally posted by aceuk

Elaborate Bytes used to have a Close Tray program in the ‘Free Software’ section of their website, but it doesn’t seem to be there any more.

I found a copy of it on my HD however, so if anyone wants it they can download it …
Excellent ! Muchas gracias ! :bow:

Originally posted by Olli

Anyway, “Close Tray” moved into Virtual CloneDrive (which is, by the way, a rock solid virtual drive!).
It makes most sense here, because there is no convenient way to close a virtual tray by hand.

Installation order should be:
Elby version first, SlySoft version second.

I personally couldn’t live without it.
Not only have I originally written it, it is one of the most useful explorer extensions around… :slight_smile:
I’ve tried to copy& paste ElbyVCDShell.dll in the SlySoft CCD directory
to see if this would do the trick but it didn’t, lol. :o

As for installation order, unfortunately I did it the opposite way,
i.e. 1.SlySoft’s > 2.Elby’s and the latter one took over.
Well, thanks to aceuk’s ‘CloseTray’ I guess it’s no longer needed to install the Elby version.

Many thanks for this useful little program, Olli ! :smiley:

I personally couldn’t live without it. Not only have I originally written it, it is one of the most useful explorer extensions around…

yes, but Olli, couldn’t you release a freeware utility, which includes only this contextmenu function? It would be way more comfortable than this walkaround with the two different clonecd versions. I bet it’s easy - just some dll and some registry entries, nothing more. Just some hours of your time and we all would be very thankful, since at the moment there are absolutely no such programmes on the market.

yes, but Olli, couldn’t you release a freeware utility, which includes only this contextmenu function? It would be way more comfortable than this walkaround with the two different clonecd versions. I bet it’s easy - just some dll and some registry entries, nothing more. Just some hours of your time and we all would be very thankful, since at the moment there are absolutely no such programmes on the market.

It looks so simple, yes…
To close the tray of the drive, CloseTray needs some access to the hardware. Running on all WIN32 versions (9x/NT/2000/XP) it uses the wonderful ElbyCDIO access layer, which is therefore required as well. So, you need some drivers, an install program, blah, blah… all of this taking time, I don’t really have right now…
And a “stand alone” Virtual CloneDrive update is coming anyway, so just be a little bit more patient… :slight_smile: