Adding Avatar

Trying to get my profile more than 19%. It won’t let me add my .bmp avatar, so what can I put in there? Also, in my Have list is a Hitachi DV something. I don’t have one of those! I have OLD stuff, well older. Plus on my Want list I want to put an Apple IPad and it isn’t in the list, so how to I add that? Hope this is the right place to put this. Not having a good day!! LOL Sleeting again and I want SUN!!!

:flower:

perhaps this is the issue:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 48 by 48 pixels or 34.6 KB (whichever is smaller).

Moving this to Forum Talk. Using search will most likely turn up other threads relating to setting avatars on this forum.

Another thing to watch out for is that the avatar must end in ‘.jpg’, ‘.gif’ or ‘.png’. I don’t think ‘.bmp’ is allowed.

46 x 46 is the maximum size supported by the new MyCE styles, especially if it’s animated. Anything larger will either fail or be rescaled down

Note that the older 64 x 64 size is no longer allowed, even with the older V1/V2 styles. Anyone with this size will retain it, unless they later change their avatar. However, even those who had larger avatars before the new restriction came in will still have their avatar rescaled to 46 x 46 when viewed on either MyCE style.

From what I can tell, the MyCE Style avatar fields have been updated to show 48 x 48 avatars, so those who upload (or have uploaded) a 48 x 48 avatar will see it shown at its correct size now when using the MyCE Styles.

Avatars outside of 48 x 48 are still rescaled to fill the 48 x 48 avatar square.