Adding a Menu?

vbimport

I want to burn a xvid file to DVD and have a start menu.
What should I use?
Would like freeware please.

Use the original dvd and copy it.

This is an internet download not a DVD burn . Also no conversion is needed. I just burn the files to the dvd.

i dont think you will find any free which will do good,VSO convertx to dvd is the best all in one converter,burning software for the total newbie,also adds chapters and a menu with different backgrounds.

then after you got into it abit more maybe start using run of mill programes such as roxio and nero to make flash looking menus and of course better quality

I believe DivXMediaBuilder is currently the only freeware option to create DivX and XviD’s with Menu’s similar to DVD’s. I myself have not been able to get it to work properly (too many bugs), but others’ have reported good success with the application. I contacted the author about 1 week ago, but have yet to receive a reply. http://userxp.tripod.com/

If I misunderstood your post and you actually want to “convert” Xvid’s to DVD, I recommend FAVC http://favcfavc.googlepages.com/home Quality produced will be as good or better than ConvertXtoDVD when HC Encoder is used (built into FAVC installation).

[quote=damiancornell1988;2021717]i dont think you will find any free which will do good,VSO convertx to dvd is the best all in one converter,burning software for the total newbie,also adds chapters and a menu with different backgrounds.

then after you got into it abit more maybe start using run of mill programes such as roxio and nero to make flash looking menus and of course better quality[/quote]

No conversion is needed.
I love VSO convertxtoDVD It creates the prefect menu I like, but I just dont need the conversion. I just burn my downloaded files and play on a DVD player. Can I use VSO (or any program ) to make a menu without conversion?

uwintoday;The others who responded have a lot more experence than I do.So there advice is probably best.
I didn’t have any xvid files So I used my converter to make me one out of a .wmv file.I didn’t see the need for a large file.So hopefully I created a good xvid file.
I know you don’t want to convert the xvid file but the freeware menu creater I’m going to suggest doesn’t make menus for xvid.So If you’re absolutly set against converting the rest of this post won’t help you.
I used VSO DivxToDVD to convert the xvid to DVD files.
Then took the menu program DVDStyler .I have only used it with .vob & I think this is all it will work with.It didn’t recognize an xvid file anyway.
It had no problem making a menu.It will burn to DVD but I like Clonedvd2 so I burned with it.
The resulting DVD played with a menu in Windows Media Center & Player as well as my settop player.

TMPGenc DVD Author will add menu’s to avi’s (XviD, DivX) but it isn’t free. Be aware that in order to be able to use these menu’s, you have to have a DivX Ultra certified player.

[quote=cholla;2021785]uwintoday;The others who responded have a lot more experence than I do.So there advice is probably best.
I didn’t have any xvid files So I used my converter to make me one out of a .wmv file.I didn’t see the need for a large file.So hopefully I created a good xvid file.
I know you don’t want to convert the xvid file but the freeware menu creater I’m going to suggest doesn’t make menus for xvid.So If you’re absolutly set against converting the rest of this post won’t help you.
I used VSO DivxToDVD to convert the xvid to DVD files.
Then took the menu program DVDStyler .I have only used it with .vob & I think this is all it will work with.It didn’t recognize an xvid file anyway.
It had no problem making a menu.It will burn to DVD but I like Clonedvd2 so I burned with it.
The resulting DVD played with a menu in Windows Media Center & Player as well as my settop player.[/quote]

Thank you and the other who are trying to solve my problem.

I just dont see the need to convert my files. They take way to long to convert.
I can burn (using www.[B]deepburner[/B].com FREE FAST) My DVD player plays all the formats xvids ,mpegs1-4 etc. If I need to convert I use super FREE
( www.erightsoft.com) converts just about anything.

I guess an easy way to sovle this would be to ask the question. Why does everyone convert files before burning a DVD?

[QUOTE=uwintoday;2021819]Why does everyone convert files before burning a DVD?[/QUOTE]

In order to play them on DVD-Video only players. DivX capable players are gaining in popularity, but are still in the minority when compared to regular DVD players.

[QUOTE=uwintoday;2021819]
I guess an easy way to sovle this would be to ask the question. Why does everyone convert files before burning a DVD?[/QUOTE]
The reason is you want a freeware menu creator.

Yeah I ran out and picked one up at wally world less than $40 bucks when I found stage6.com just so I could play the divix downloads. Very small file size love em. Then I realized it would also play xvids. Stage6 is now closed but it was still worth buying.
BTW anyone know a stage6 replacment site? Im really into documentarys

like ive already said you wont find any good software free lol,If your dvd player is not a divx,xivd compatable you will not be able to watch it…hence i said you will need to convert because you didnt state this in your orginal post

I understand. What program would you use If I was to buy somthing? I would pay for software that could menu without converting i guess.

TMPGenc DVD Author

Ok I am working with it now. Looks nice. I am trying to figure out how to do the menus without conversion.

Yeah this program wants to do somthing conversion or other to the files. Over an hour to work an litle 80,000Kb avi… Not worth the hassle, time, money. Think I might just burn and watch.

Could I be the only person on the planet that just burns and watches? Naah :wink: must be a way must be (put a smily devil here)

Does it support adding menu only?

[QUOTE=uwintoday;2021888]Yeah this program wants to do somthing conversion or other to the files. Over an hour to work an litle 80,000Kb avi… Not worth the hassle, time, money. Think I might just burn and watch.

Could I be the only person on the planet that just burns and watches? Naah :wink: must be a way must be (put a smily devil here)

[B]Does it support adding menu only?[/B][/QUOTE]

They have all info on their site.

Because you download stuff/movies you should have an eye on the copyright section too, therefore my 1st post.

[quote=chef;2022429]They have all info on their site.

Because you download stuff/movies you should have an eye on the copyright section too, therefore my 1st post.[/quote]

Whats your problem?
I never said I dl moves. I wouldnt waist my time. I can rent a new move for a buck.
I think your a JERK! Your advice is crap.