Add video clips to DVD disc

vbimport

I take video clips with my camera and have some burned onto a DVD-R disc. Is it possible to add more clips i`ve taken, onto the same DVD disc.?:slight_smile:

No

What you are talking about is multisession burning. If you closed the dvd when you burned the first clips, then you cannot add more. If you used multisession (which not all programs support) then you could add more, but multisession burns on dvd media are problematic, and sometimes you cannot access the material that was burned at an earlier time.

Most of us don’t recommend multisession on dvds.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2565512]What you are talking about is multisession burning. If you closed the dvd when you burned the first clips, then you cannot add more. If you used multisession (which not all programs support) then you could add more, but multisession burns on dvd media are problematic, and sometimes you cannot access the material that was burned at an earlier time.

Most of us don’t recommend multisession on dvds.[/QUOTE]Thank You. It looks like Nero Smart Start only provides “multisession” for burning data cds not dvds. Do you know what program/s may support dvd multisession?:slight_smile:

Nero Burning ROM used to be able to do this, though it would give a warning message I believe. Been too long since I’ve messed with Nero.

CDBurnerXP should have this capability as well. Look at this short tutorial: http://mp3.about.com/od/tutorials/ht/Multisession-Disc.htm
They are writing about mp3 files there, but it will be the same for data.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2565561]Nero Burning ROM used to be able to do this, though it would give a warning message I believe. Been too long since I’ve messed with Nero.

CDBurnerXP should have this capability as well. Look at this short tutorial: http://mp3.about.com/od/tutorials/ht/Multisession-Disc.htm
They are writing about mp3 files there, but it will be the same for data.[/QUOTE]Yes, CDBURNERXP works great. DVD clips and other can be added easily, “Leave disc open and continue disc”. Cheers to you.:iagree:

Beware though, stand alone players don’t support multi-session.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2565584]Beware though, stand alone players don’t support multi-session.[/QUOTE]Thank You, but i only need it to play on computer.:smiley:

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2565595]Thank You, but i only need it to play on computer.:D[/QUOTE]
To add to an already burned disc the disc has to be in the burner and then CDBURNERXP open showing whats already on the disc, then select the video clip file and add it to the existing (whats on the disc) by dragging or clicking add. I was doing it the other way around but now i know better.:rolleyes: