Add an owned created menu

Hi all,

First of all, DVD2one is THE great prog for DVD Backup that i’ve waiting for…

More than making a DVD backup, a thing that i want to do is to get my own “light” menu in order to leave the maximum DVD space to the video transcoding …

What i want to get in this menu will be a “root menu” a “chapter selection menu” and an “audio channel selection menu” an moreover an “subtitle selection menu”. There’s many soft of DVD authoring existing BUT none of them enable the creation of a specific menu for audio channel and another one for subtitle selection. If someone know a software able of doing that tell me its name, because it’s what i’m waiting for !!!

By the way once i’ll get such a menu i think (but normaly it should work) that with a IFOUPDATE or IFOEDIT i’ll can do a GEt VTS Sector to rely this menu to the DVD2One Vobset. Am i wrong ? Do you think it should really work like in my dream …

You will need IfoEdit-MenuEdit-IfoUpdate
Remove the logos and warnings that come before the main menu and after the ‘‘play movie’’ button by edit the post commands of these titles with IfoEdit.(add a pre-command in these titles same as their last post-command).
Get rid of special menu and special videos with MenuEdit.Find the location of the main menu and delete the button that links to special menu.No more special videos and menus!:bigsmile:
Create a new movie with DVD2ONE and add it to the original DVD structure with IfoUpdate.Make sure that you used the user defined option!
You can also delete the unused buttons of audio and subtitle menu with MenuEdit.
You will end uo with:
-Main Menu
-Chapter Menu
-Subtitle Menu
-Audio Menu
-Movie!

MenuEdit at http://forum.doom9.org/attachment.php?postid=262893
IfoEdit at http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Vobtools/Ifoedit095.zip
IfoUpdate at http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Vobtools/IFOUpdate-v069.zip

A great thanks to you flouda …

I will try this out as soon as possible.

I also found some other thread for similar requirement at Doom9, if only i’d search before asking …

By the way, my first idea was to build a full menu, with DVD authoring software (like the background, the button and their behavior) But the way to “tweak” the original menu seems to be a better solution and a more respective way to do it.

I have not yet tested this soft, but i never heard about MenuEdit wich seems to be an awesome program :o)

Thanks again, flouda (Do you ever test it, do you achieve a similar DVD ?)

I’ve tested this in many DVDs and it works every time!
But you have to preview the menu first for finding which button to delete.
This is something that can even be automated by DVD2ONE…
Remember that every button has its link,so we know what every button does.So every button CAN be deleted or modified.Just open the vob in VobEdit and you will find all the button links…
You will find a good guide for menuedit at http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/145182.php

I tried out MenuEdit when it was posted in Doom9’s forum a while back. I had an issue using it with WinXP. It seems others are experiencing this too. The author, Dimad, has not replied yet on this “bug”. Here’s the link> Tool to edit DVD Menu Buttons Thread

So far, it works with no problems with other operating systems.

I’m usining it in XP SP1 and never had a problem.This is weird.By the way,I’ve seen your guides in doom9.They all are great.Keep up the great work!

Hi Flouda,

Thx for all your explanations.

Although I’m using Ifoedit, I don’t know exactly how to proceed
with :
“Remove the logos and warnings that come before the main menu and after the ‘‘play movie’’ button by edit the post commands of these titles with IfoEdit.(add a pre-command in these titles same as their last post-command).”

Could you please give deeper informations about that process ?

Thank you,
jgab

I want to remove TITLE 2.I open VIDEO_TS.IFO with IfoEdit and I find in VTS_02 TTN_1.So I open VTS_02_0.IFO with IfoEdit and find TTN_1 which is in my example PGC_1.So I go to VTS_PGCITI ->VTS_PGC_1 and find the PGC command table.
In my example I found:
1.Post Command (SetHL_BTNN) Set Button Nr: (set-val) 8
2.Post Command (CallSS VMGM) Call VMG PGC: 2 [Resume Cell: 1]

Delete all pre commands and post commands by right clicking in it and select ‘‘delete command’’.Here I have only one post command to delete.You will end up with:
1.Post Command (CallSS VMGM) Call VMG PGC: 2 [Resume Cell: 1]

Right click in it and select ‘‘add precommand’’.You will have now:
1.Pre Command NOP

Right click in post command and select ‘‘edit command’’ and copy the value.Right click in pre command and select ‘‘edit command’’ and paste the value.This will route to the correct command to insert.Finally you will end up with:
1.Pre Command (CallSS VMGM) Call VMG PGC: 2 [Resume Cell: 1]

This will kill TITLE 2.I don’t even rip TITLE 2.It seems hard but it isn’t :bigsmile:

Originally posted by flouda
Right click in it and select ‘‘add precommand’’.You will have now:
1.Pre Command NOP

You mean “Insert Command”. :wink: Insert Command puts a new command in front of command you clicked on. Add Command inserts a new command at the end of all your pre/post commands.

You’re right 2COOL!I wrote it when I woke up after 4 hours of sleeping…So a little mistake can be explained:)

Thx a lot, Flouda & 2Cool but… still confusing for (only?) me.
The ifoupdate’s process is also under mystery.
A “complete idiots guide” would be really great…
I keep experimenting, anyway.
jgab

MenuEdit has its own web site.