Add a Printer to Network PC

vbimport

This is starting to tax my patience completely and I can’t afford any more taxes. It’s an extremely common problem, all over the net, but none of the fixes have worked for me. Although I’m talking about a HP Deskjet 2540 series AIO, this seems to be a Windows problem that they have never fixed because it’s been around for years. The printer is installed on my unit and I have successfully added it to 2 other desktops and a laptop on the network. One desktop left and it just ain’t happening, error code 0x000003eb. Will take any and all help please.:a:sad::a

[QUOTE=beef barley;2787541]This is starting to tax my patience completely and I can’t afford any more taxes. It’s an extremely common problem, all over the net, but none of the fixes have worked for me. Although I’m talking about a HP Deskjet 2540 series AIO, this seems to be a Windows problem that they have never fixed because it’s been around for years. The printer is installed on my unit and I have successfully added it to 2 other desktops and a laptop on the network. One desktop left and it just ain’t happening, error code 0x000003eb. Will take any and all help please.:a:sad::a[/QUOTE]
It would help if you tell us which O/S version your asking about? I know in Windows 10 Pro I have to let it do it Windows Driver update for it to properly install my HP 8540 driver and once it did that I got it back working. I was about to go buy a new printer but my HP is a photosmart and that was all I needed it to do my HP 277w is AIO already and didn’t need more. So now I have both network and working again. In Win7 it wasn’t as long to get the 8450 driver to install and work. But since I am now Windows 10 that is what I got to work with.

Thank you coolcolors, it’s Windows 10 Pro. Tried going through Windows update, adding by name, adding manually, registry fixes, even went to HP’s site and got the latest Windows 10 driver for this machine. I have successfully added this printer to a Windows 10 pro desktop, Windows 10 pro laptop and Server 2012R2, so unless I find out I’m doing something really wrong, I’m screwed.

That’s what frustrated me - I just had to let it do the driver update not the same way you do a Windows update function and after some time it update and I looked at my driver options and found the hp driver 8400 series (hp) and that worked. I waited to go Windows 10 Pro because if I couldn’t get the driver to work that would screw everything up.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2787641]That’s what frustrated me - I just had to let it do the driver update not the same way you do a Windows update function and after some time it update and I looked at my driver options and found the hp driver 8400 series (hp) and that worked. I waited to go Windows 10 Pro because if I couldn’t get the driver to work that would screw everything up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I guess at this point I don’t really have much choice, but wait and hopefully it works out.

[QUOTE=beef barley;2787684]Thanks for the input. I guess at this point I don’t really have much choice, but wait and hopefully it works out.[/QUOTE]
I think only works common brand name Printers that have staying power not all will have the drivers in Win10 and those that don’t will have to decide to move on. Glad my AIO color laser is still current and HP 8450 was a popular model so that is why I got lucky here.