Adblock Plus pays other adblock developers to show advertisements

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Adblock Plus pays other adblock developers to show advertisements[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/07/adblockplus_512-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Adblockers have found a new business model by making money from allowing advertisements in their user’s browser. The technology that was once invented to provide users an advertisement-free browsing experience is now making money from … advertisements!

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/adblock-plus-pays-other-adblock-developers-to-show-advertisements-77357/](http://www.myce.com/news/adblock-plus-pays-other-adblock-developers-to-show-advertisements-77357/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Adblockers have found a new business model by making money from allowing advertisements in their user’s browser.

Found better method I just use my PC hosts edit file and alibaba no more ads/popups it that quick.

This is starting to look an awful lot like extortion. :iagree:

Adblock Plus isn’t the only game in town. It took me less than 5 minutes to find a highly rated alternative - uBlock Origin. Firefox, Chrome.

I’m using an Adblock fork (Adblock Latitude) because my browser (Pale Moon) doesn’t support Adblock Plus, so I won’t be trying anything else until that is discontinued. (Adblock Latitude, like the discontinued Adblock Edge, has the whitelist feature removed.)

Sounds like everyone wants to make it harder then it really is… :rolleyes:

Ublock Origins for the win!!!

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2760657]Ublock Origins for the win!!![/QUOTE]
Say it enough times and it will become true…

Installed FF on the tablet again and unlock origins and it WORKS
You have to pick out things and add them but then it just does its thing and is easy to turn off.:bow:

[QUOTE=Dartman;2760716]Installed FF on the tablet again and unlock origins and it WORKS
You have to pick out things and add them but then it just does its thing and is easy to turn off.:bow:[/QUOTE]
And how many sites are online…more then you can count and adware sites keep coming and one thinks they can add faster then they can reproduce themselves? Guess the koolaid tap keeps on flowing…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2760739]And how many sites are online…more then you can count and adware sites keep coming and one thinks they can add faster then they can reproduce themselves? Guess the koolaid tap keeps on flowing…[/QUOTE]
Who cares how many are online. Once you tell it you don’t want to see a script or pop up its gone and it seems smart about it. So far no other blocker seems to fully work on FF or Dolphin so I’m stuck looking at ads I never see on my pc and I have to set it up too.
I don’t hit a ton of sites so don’t think it will be a problem but when a site has banners and things all over it that are easy to accidentally launch and take up my limited resources I don’t want to see them.
Android can be even worse so welcome something that actually works and doesn’t bog down my tablet.

[QUOTE=Dartman;2760740]Who cares how many are online. Once you tell it you don’t want to see a script or pop up its gone and it seems smart about it.[/QUOTE]
Funny then why go online? I don’t need to tell it on my edit it does it automatically already without having to do more work once I have it set. Mine blocks the sites that sends the ads or scripts ahead of time. But then again talking to the wind…

[QUOTE=Dartman;2760740]So far no other blocker seems to fully work on FF or Dolphin so I’m stuck looking at ads I never see on my pc and I have to set it up too.[/QUOTE]
And what other blocker have you even tried did you even look at trying the PC host blocker after adblock or was this just retort at my reply?

[QUOTE=Dartman;2760740]I don’t hit a ton of sites so don’t think it will be a problem but when a site has banners and things all over it that are easy to accidentally launch and take up my limited resources I don’t want to see them.[/QUOTE]
That is what people say but their own internet usage says otherwise.

[QUOTE=Dartman;2760740]Android can be even worse so welcome something that actually works and doesn’t bog down my tablet.[/QUOTE]
This for me is why I don’t surf with my android but uses mostly apps for my everyday usage and leaving my computer for the Browser usage.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2760703]Say it enough times and it will become true…[/QUOTE]
So… I should have started playing with my host file long ago. :flower:

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2760859]So… I should have started playing with my host file long ago. :flower:[/QUOTE]
Basically…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2760703]Say it enough times and it will become true…[/QUOTE]
And one doesn’t have to say it enough time - it proves it self right away when you use it - No explanation needed. Even the banner ads on MyCE doesn’t show up on my computer. I see them at my work computer but my home and laptop all those ads are gone. When I get home I’ll post the two screen shot differences in what it looks like from my work computer and from my home computer and you can see the differences. I’ll see if it works so others can see how it looks. I’ll use this discussion forum screen shot where I am replying to as example.

It took me some time to figure out and find the hosts edit file all by chance. I used Ghostery, NoScript and Adblock all of which worked but caused more problems themselves rather then help with a better Browser experience. I don’t recall how I found the PC hosts edit but all I know that since I used and periodically update the list for the hosts - all the ads and redirects and side ads are gone and any mistake clicks show a “White” null packaging saying site couldn’t load or be reached of which I wasn’t wanting to go there in the first place. I do know family members and their computers I built using this edit couldn’t believe that before they could barely use the net without junk coming through and now they can surf and go to sites they want to go to - not where the redirects wants them to go to. So this was proof even if they didn’t know about it they sure as use it and enjoy it more. Plus for non-savvy users this is a god send they don’t have to worry is this click going to cause more windows and redirects to open up.