Adaptec cd burner help

vbimport

i have adaptec version 4.0. i got my compter a yr ago. my cd burner does not work.
every time i trie and copy something,or make a audio cd or do a data copy, half way into to the copy the
cd pops out and say error. the computer i have is a IBM aptiva . please help me im a the breaking point to go insane (or shoot up my school)

p.s. im not about to dish out 40 bucks for s new burner program

please help
:confused: :frowning:

Let me know your cd-rw model, and the error you have when you try to copy a cd disk. then maybe I can help you. Most important is to know the model and error messages you have, and if your CD-RW device is an e-ide atapi, or a scizi device. But according the error messages you have you may find a solution if you use the search option in this forum. :slight_smile:

Yep! Can’t help you if I don’t know a model and error!

I think you need to buy an new pc man! :stuck_out_tongue:
just kiddin’…tell us what type of writer you have and wich error you get…and is it everytime the same one?

Originally posted by -=HeadLesS=-
I think you need to buy an new pc man! :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t judge to early! You don’t know a thing about his prob! :stuck_out_tongue:

Now all we can do is wait for him to post again! :wink:

where can i find my cd-rw model,and the error i cant because im not looking at it :frowning:

your cdrw is in your computer of course :wink:

take a good look at it, it is the thingy you put cds into :wink:

I think you’ve hitted the wrong button :wink:
you have to press “post reply” and not “new thread” :wink:

http://213.196.35.81/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34767

Originally posted by BoBa Fatt
where can i find my cd-rw model,and the error i cant because im not looking at it :frowning:

For the model select the properties of “My Computer” and then check “Device Manager” and look under the CDrom’s which model you’ve got!

And for the error; you said the error comes every time! Can’t you just start the burning proces then and then write down what it says?! :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by The Amazing Duke
[B] I think you’ve hitted the wrong button :wink:
you have to press “post reply” and not “new thread” :wink:

http://213.196.35.81/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34767 [/B]

:slight_smile: Solved! :slight_smile:

Well u don’t leave to many clues to what is going on besides u can’t burn a CD. Did it work when you got the computer? Did you call tech support or maybe even email them? Did u install some other software and then the burner quit working? What r your system specs?
I would suggest try uninstalling your burning software and reinstalling it. Then goto www.roxio.com and get the latest update for your version of Roxio (formally Adaptec) software. Then if you still have problems check the IBM website for any known issues or fixes for your problem. Check the website of the manufacturer of your burner also for any issues. It may help to keep your harddrive defragged on a regular basis. If you have less than 128 MB you may need more memory, especially if you have a slow cpu. I would also check the IDE cable inside your computer. Make sure it is securely connected to both the CD burner and the motherboard or try replacing it with a known good cable. Well why your at it check all your cables! You may try a program called Cacheman. It has presets for CD burning so use them. You can download it at ZDNet. I have used it a couple times with slower computers or ones with less than 128mb ram that would not burn a CD without locking up or having buffer underrun errors. It has worked with a laptop I have that has 350MHz cpu and 64 MB ram. I had an external Sony USB burner and every CD I tried to burn the computer would lock up or the burn would fail. No matter what I tried to do to fix the problem it didn’t work. I installed Cacheman and now I have no problems burning data or audio CDs. Try installing a different burning program. I should’ve mentioned this earlier but also make sure your operating system, whatever that may be, is updated with all the current updates. Post back if you if this helps or not!

aka BlackAcidDevil

my cd rom drive is a
pioneer dvd-115

and my cd-rw drive is
lf cd-rw ced-8080b

one thing im getting cd r s today so i will cop something and then
write doen the error k