Ad blockers and piracy have become “an established social norm” amongst young millennials

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Ad blockers and piracy have become “an established social norm” amongst young millennials[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/09/myce-millennials-adblockers-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Adblockers are especially popular amongst young millennials, about two-thirds block ads on desktop PCs and mobile devices, according to a report called Millennials At The Gate. The number is much higher than in other age groups. About 69% of the young millennials also pirates music and video.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/ad-blockers-piracy-become-established-social-norm-amongst-young-millennials-80521/](http://www.myce.com/news/ad-blockers-piracy-become-established-social-norm-amongst-young-millennials-80521/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

This is in line with my perception of the habits my daughter and friends have as they don’t seem to care. Now the advertisers and movie studios etc. will certainly blame the millenials, but to use their expression from a year ago or two ago, STFU (a short form for (S)hut (T)he (F)uck (U)p).
You really got only yourself to blame in my opinion. Intrusive ADs, different release dates in a global society and geo-fencing TV series are among the factors that changed the tide and the moral of the youngsters… They didn’t change it themselves, you brought them there and now, good luck changing it back :iagree:

Cause and effect, chain of events… It is time to change short-sightedness for a long term dedication to not work against human nature and I hate to tell you so, but I warned you years ago of the consequences.

[QUOTE=Xercus;2781175]Cause and effect, chain of events… It is time to change short-sightedness for a long term dedication to not work against human nature and I hate to tell you so, but I warned you years ago of the consequences.[/QUOTE]
Well like anything what comes around goes around…

Personally, I’m not a fan of mixing copyright infringement reports with ad blocking reports. The two are not the same, and anyone who thinks they are needs to get a grip on reality ASAP.

“Those horrible, evil millennials, First they steal by pirating, then they steal by ad blocking. All we wanted to do was spy on then, charge them absurd amounts of money and annoy the heck out of them with stupid, repetitive, cliched, bandwidth-consuming, drive by-downloading, CPU/RAM-hogging ads. How [B]DARE[/B] they! Those horrible little monsters!” -every evil publisher on the web.

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2781650]Personally, I’m not a fan of mixing copyright infringement reports with ad blocking reports. The two are not the same, and anyone who thinks they are needs to get a grip on reality ASAP.[/QUOTE]
It’s a veil attempt aka grabbing for straws metaphor. And the two couldn’t be more different and separate issues.

is based on a survey of 2,700 millennials aged 18 to 24 and conducted by the company Anatomy Media.

They make commercials. It’s in their best interest to know their target audiences.

The outcome does not surprise me. There have been almost two generations of extremely good methods of piracy and ignoring what big huge companies tell them. The next generations are even quicker learners.