AD-7593A Firmware

vbimport

Hi Does any one know if any one will make any modified Firmware for this drive.
I went to Liggy’s and Dee’s modified NEC and Optiarc firmwares site and only found some for the 7590A not the 7593A but with a warning not to cross flash. Not that I would want to in this case as even if it worked I would lose Labelflash as the site says they only differ in Firmware.
So I want to know will liggy or any one else make a fast firmware for the AD-7593A
I tried all the sites in the The NEC/Optiarc F.A.Q including tdb
herrie sites but nothing on the AD-7593A
Also I used bin flash to make a dump of my firmware thinking I Could use MediaCodeSpeedEdit with my firmware but found out it does not support Laptop drives only desktop drives. So it only could display the media speeds for the AD-7593A but it cant change anything not even the DVD read speed (ie remove Riplock).
So now I have a good copy of AD-7593A firmware but no way to edit it as I am just no good at programing.
Does any one have any ideas of anything else I can try as I want to try to change 2 things
1 change the CD-RW Ultra Speed Writes speed to 24X
Because for some reason they write at 20X but I know it can do 24X as it is listed that way on the Opiarc site here http://www.sonynec-optiarc.eu/en/exhibits/slim-line-drives/ad-7593a
and Liggy’s site also says so here Confirming it
http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/Optiarc-AD-7590A/
and 2 if possible remove Riplock to increase DVD read speed.
Any help would be great thanks.

I don’t have any AD-7593A Firmwares available right now, so if you could forward your firmware dump, I might have a look at it. However I would only take care of your Riplock problem, haven’t dealt with overspeeding any CD media.

Thanks for responding Liggy.
if you can only take care of Riplock I would still be eternally grateful for even that.:bow:
But Yes Removing Riplock would be Great.:iagree:
For the Speed could you consider Passing on my request to dee as I saw on your site that dee has done Media speed.
I want to Speed up 24X Certified Memorex Ultra Speed CD-RW to 24X
The speed of the Media to 24X
I know it can be done as I know both the Drive and the media can handle it as the opiarc site says the drive can do 24X and I know the media can also as I have been burning that brand and model of media at that 24X speed for years with no Burn issues.
How would you like me to send my Dump file
Could you pm me or tell me some ware I can send it to
As I don’t think it will post to the forum as it is over 1 MB in size.
Thank You again for any help you can give

[QUOTE=d3izzy;2114296]For the Speed could you consider Passing on my request to dee as I saw on your site that dee has done Media speed.
I want to Speed up 24X Certified Memorex Ultra Speed CD-RW to 24X
The speed of the Media to 24X
I know it can be done as I know both the Drive and the media can handle it as the opiarc site says the drive can do 24X and I know the media can also as I have been burning that brand and model of media at that 24X speed for years with no Burn issues.[/QUOTE]
Dee cannot do anything about the CD-RW speed either. She’s using my tool for increasing speeds and that tool can only deal with DVD type media - no CD

Will send you an email address for the dump file via PM

Hi! Could you share the modified firmware for the 7593A, which is not (yet) available on the download pages? Many thanks!

Output of necflash:
Device : /dev/hdd
Vendor : Optiarc
Model : DVD RW AD-7593A
Firmware : 1.02

I haven’t patched the 1.02 firmware for the 7593A yet. Didn’t spend much time at my PC the last days/weeks.

Thanks for the quick answer, though the message is not what I wanted to get :wink:

Please let me know if I may give support, e.g. by dumping the default firmware
or modifying some bytes in it.

I already have a 1.02 firmware for the AD-7593A on my PC - it just needs about 30 minutes or an hour of work.

Hi

I wanna to ask.
How do you think?
Maybe it will possible to crossflash AD7590A to AD7593A in future?
I have an AD7590A one and want to add labelflash feature to it. =)

So that’s a question…

Hi!

Just updating my interest in a modified firmware for the 7593A :slight_smile:

Hi Liggy,

Can you make a costom firmware with bitsettings for the AD-7593A?
The newest firmware is v1.04

Thanks in advance

Thanks Liggy! The custom firmware works great :slight_smile:

Hi Liggy,

i’m new here in this forum …

Optiarc offers a official firmware ver. 1.05 for AD-7593A, the latest Version on your page is 1.04.

Can you make a patched (RPC1, Riplock) Version 1.05 ? :bow:

Thank you for your great work!

mrbone

Stored on my harddisc. Will however take a while (few weeks I guess) until I have the time to continue patching.