AD-7280S worth getting?

vbimport

I found it in a computer @ my company…our IT man said that I can have it,if I replace it with a ordinairy dvd-rom device.
Unfortunually,I have no spare sata device here,and the mobo of that computer only supports sata.
So now I have to spend around 15 € to buy the replacement for the AD-7280,wich is in MINT condition,as there’s never anything burned with it,and in it’s whole lifespan it had maybe 5 cd/dvd’s to read so far.
Is this drive worth my time and money?

Maybe I like “highend” too much, but before buying something for 15 Euro to get a used DVD-burner, I would spend 55-60 Euro to get a BluRay-Burner.

I had the 7280S, its’s a fairly good dvd-burner, but I got better results witch a 7260S

You can get new dvd-burners for around 14 Euros.
Samsung, LG, LiteOn, even Pioneer and ASUS.

[QUOTE=Wishbringer;2719788]Maybe I like “highend” too much, but before buying something for 15 Euro to get a used DVD-burner, I would spend 55-60 Euro to get a BluRay-Burner.[/QUOTE]

Already covered by having a LG BH08LS20 since 2010 and an external SAMSUNG SE-506BB since a few weeks…:wink:

[QUOTE=Wishbringer;2719788]I had the 7280S, its’s a fairly good dvd-burner, but I got better results witch a 7260S[/QUOTE]

THX for that info!Hence my question…numerous threads and praise about the AD-7200,and some of it’s descendants,up to your 7260S.Later models like the AD7280,seem to have changed a bit from the original 72XX series and never became so popular,there is much less info about these.
Heck,if it was an original AD7200,I wouldn’t have hesitated 1 second to cut that deal…:disagree::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Wishbringer;2719788]You can get new dvd-burners for around 14 Euros.
Samsung, LG, LiteOn, even Pioneer and ASUS.[/QUOTE]

I know,but I have still a few around here…;)…I only got interest for that AD7280 just for the sake of getting 1 of the famous Nec/Optiarc devices…:bow:
Unfortunually,I never jumped on the bandwagon for either the Benq DW1640 nor the Optiarc AD-7200S…:o:sad:
Repentance comes after sin…

I’ve gotten a used AD-7260s drive in early 2016 on Amazon and it still has been working very good.