Ad-7280s wont flash?

vbimport

need a little help with the ad-7280s (oct 2011) using binflash1.61 it wont flash any of the firmware 1.00 or 1.01 get firmware is for a differant drive
id drive 188-3131
detected drive from firmware 164
not tryed the firmware1.20 though?
never had any probs in flashing nec before
any help would be greatfull… jaygo

If you take a look at the firmware information for this firmware, you can see that the 1.20 firmware is not compatible with other drives. You need to flash firmware 1.00 or 1.01 on your drive.

it wont flash 1.00 0r 1.01 says wrong drive but will dump and flash original firmware gives drive detected from firmware 188

Oops. I mixed things up. Only 1.20 will flash but not 1.00 or 1.01. Which firmware version did you originally have on your drive? If it’s not 1.20 could you make it available to me?

Your drive identifies like it was an AD-7300S (which doesn’t seem to exist right now) at one point and these drives are incompatible with the standard AD-7280S firmwares.

hi liggy the ad-7280s firmware (oem) is 1.01 binflash reports the drive detected from this firmware is 188
binflash says 1.00 & 1.01 from your sight drive detected from firmware 164 both say drive id 188-3131

update downloaded 1.20 loaded it into binflash (no probs) hit flash, do you want to flash drive, said no for now, liggy 1.01 firmware from this drive is ready to send if you still need it

@jaygo2

I had the same problem as yours with my 7280s. Thank you for point out that it can be flashed with 1.20.

andyyen

andy dont flash it yet m8 with the 1.20 liggy’s having a look at the original 1.01 firmware from me drive

1.20 should still be flashable without risk. However 1.01 is also still in my queue to be processed.

I will wait. Thanks everyone.

After waiting for around a year without success for Liggy’s firmware for the AD-7280s (1.01), I will bite the bullet and buy a new drive for my rig that has modified firmware already available. Also the AD-7280s seems to be quite choosy on the media as my Toshiba laptop seems to burn media that the 7280s on the desktop makes into coasters.

Please forum members, give some suggestions on what is a drive that is not too media sensitive. No BD capability is needed at present but I am open to suggestions you think I should plan for one! The main thing is that it needs to have the modified firmware already available.

Liggy - if you on the verge of releasing your modified firmware for this drive please give me a quick shout and it’ll save me a few pennies!

Hello to all!
Please,I need help… I don’t know if my Optiarc 7280s is flash-able… Is there any chance for improving disc quality scan of DVD + R or DVD - R discs ? Nero disc speed is showing 93% on quality test .
Thank you.

Disc quality is more a matter of media used and recording speed.

Additionally, the score shown by CD/DVD speed is not a good indicator for the quality of a given disc. Additionally, the scanning results often vary heavily with the read speed chosen. For older NEC drives, 5x read speed was a common recommendation, but this must not be necessarily valid for the newer generation drives.

And since you are asking for firmware updates (any drive is flashable btw.), you want to check Optiarc website if there are official firmware updates available. If the drive came with a brand name computer (Dell, HP, etc.) then their support website is the place you want to go.

Michael

I tried different media and different recording speed,maximum quality that I got was 93%.
Speed of scan is 4x,scanning interval 1ECC,test length - accuracy.
Someone said that not every Optiarc 7208s is flas-able,only OEM drives,i think.
I bought the drive separately,not with the brand name PC.
Checked official Optiarc site,there is no new FW,1.01 is the newest FW,and I got that FW in my drive.
I am wondering if flashing to 1.20 FW would raise quality test of discs ? I am just stucked to 93% or even less,at nero Disc Speed.
Thank you very much.

[QUOTE=RIA77;2634066]I tried different media and different recording speed,maximum quality that I got was 93%.
Speed of scan is 4x,scanning interval 1ECC,test length - accuracy.[/QUOTE]
I guess you won’t even get better results if you scan a (clean) pressed DVD

[QUOTE=RIA77;2634066]I tried different media and different recording speed,maximum quality that I got was 93%.
Speed of scan is 4x,scanning interval 1ECC,test length - accuracy.
Someone said that not every Optiarc 7208s is flas-able,only OEM drives,i think.
I bought the drive separately,not with the brand name PC.
Checked official Optiarc site,there is no new FW,1.01 is the newest FW,and I got that FW in my drive.
I am wondering if flashing to 1.20 FW would raise quality test of discs ? I am just stucked to 93% or even less,at nero Disc Speed.
Thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

With me it’s a similar story… only my Quality scores are often as low as 40 for Verbatim 16x DVD-Rs (I tried burning at 8x instead of the Max 20x. Usually the quality scan reports a big cluster of high PI failure spikes that ruins an otherwise reasonable scan). I’m just hoping for a Quality score of 90 or more. On the other hand, with Taiyo Yuden 8x discs, I usually get Quality Scores in the 90s. So I’ll try flashing to 1.20 FW. (ps. the Transfer Rate tests always look great for those Verbatim discs so I don’t know what to believe).

For Firmware 1.20 I got the same error messages that Jaygo2 reported in Feb 2012, however, I was successful with flashing Firmware 1.01 from Liggy’s website. Unfortunately, it didn’t improve the quality scan of my suspect Verbatim 16x disc. (It could be from a bad batch of discs?).