AD-7201A: Plays CDs but no DVDs

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Optiarc AD-7201A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]hey i just got a sony optiarc AD-7201A, ive downloaded the driver, the firmware, and windows dvd codes. and it still wont play DVDs. i can view the files that are on the DVD, and it tells me that its there, and will play CDs. but its just not geting DVDs. PLZ help

Welcome to the forum.
You don’t mention if you have some DVD-Video playback software installed on your system. You will need something like PowerDVD to play video DVD’s on your PC.

shouldnt i be able to play it from my windows media player? ive tried WinDVD and it had no better results so i figured that wasnt the problem.

You can only play them on Media player if you have installed the correct codec. It should play with WinDVD however, unless the codec didn’t install. I would suggest downloading the trial verson of PowerDVD and trying again. It will install the correct codec. :wink:

Also. If your using an RPC1 firmware, try replacing it with the non RPC1 version.

im downloading Powerdvd, and i am useing firmware, where would i get the other one? i have the newest update of my firmware.

i also just tried the Nvidia dvd Codes, no luck

i just got the full version of PowerDVD 8, updated it, and still not playing DVDs.

Hey was wonderring where you found all of the drivers and downloads for this drive…either i am stupid or i just cant find em

[QUOTE=nos48tool;2104637]Hey was wonderring where you found all of the drivers and downloads for this drive…either i am stupid or i just cant find em[/QUOTE]

DRIVERS come with the OS!