AD-7200A 1.09: +R Bit Setting No Longer Available

I have just discovered that my Optiarc AD-7200A has stopped allowing me to bit set DVD+R discs. I flashed it with the official 1.09 firmware from Optiarc’s site in December and I presume that this is the cause and it has just taken me a while to notice. But it could have happened recently and be unrelated to the firmware change? I have tried re-flashing again in PIO mode but it has made no difference. What has me puzzled is the status message “Command version 2. Default settings remaining: 499.”, I am sure it wasn’t there before. Any ideas?:confused:

Edit: There is probably no connection, but it also wrote the disc (Verbatim MCC004) at only 4x rather than 8x as selected.

Official firmware only had bitsetting for DVD+R9. For +R, you need to flash LD’s 1.09bt firmware.

Thanks [I]KTL[/I], you are of course absolutely right. When I checked the review last night I am sure it said +R & DL bit setting supported, of course it actually says only DL. So just my unreliable memory to worry about then.:doh::o

Now, where’s the delete button for the entire thread…:sad::stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Ibex;2216433]Now, where’s the delete button for the entire thread…:sad::p[/QUOTE]
It’s only available to mods and admins. Back luck for you the thread won’t get deleted and everyone will always be able to see your question :stuck_out_tongue:

Did Ibex post after midnight again? :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Liggy;2216448]It’s only available to mods and admins. Back luck for you the thread won’t get deleted and everyone will always be able to see your question :p[/QUOTE]
:iagree: I know…

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2216450]Did Ibex post after midnight again? :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
No, this time I’m going to blame Geno’s flu.:iagree:

Believe it or not I spent a couple of hours investigating the problem first.:rolleyes: My memory said that it was only +RW that wasn’t supported, and when I checked Dee’s review my eyes agreed. Sad isn’t it, and the likelihood is that it’s only going to get worse.:sad:

Oh well, at least it’s given Drage a chuckle, I know he likes a bit of schadenfreude.:bigsmile: