AD-7200A 1.09 can't read old Audio CD-Rs

[qanda]This thread is about the Optiarc AD-7200A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi All,

Today I just got a brand new AD-7200A with 1.09 firmware. The problem I have as the title suggest is that this drive seemly cannot read my very very old burned Audio CD-Rs. My DVD Drive Lite-On SOHD-16P9S can read these same discs fine. I noticed the newer burnt Audio CD-Rs work fine, but I can’t tell if it was because it was burned differently (I’ve had several different burners over the years), or is it due to the different brand of CD-R. I do know that old data CD-Rs do work (though I have not tried much Edit: I tried several and they all work Data wise). I also do know it can read the TOC fine. I mean all the tracks show up but when I go to play it or rip it, it would be stuck. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Damn, I guess noone has the same problem and/or solution to this :sad:

The problem is your OLD burned CDDA. Try to “read” them with another drive.

[QUOTE=Aktan;2300358]Damn, I guess noone has the same problem and/or solution to this :sad:[/QUOTE]If the old discs can’t be read properly, then it was either bad from the beginning or degraded.
Not all drives can retrieve data from severely damaged discs. If you can read these with another drive, then use that in order to backup these discs as soon as possible.
Nothing wrong with your Optiarc here.

Michael

Thanks for the replies guys.

I guess what prompt me to write this thread was the fact only audio CDs cannot be read when the same brand data CDs burned by the same burner can be read. Also the fact that the TOC was read fine baffled me. I thought it was an interesting problem.