AD-5260S Bootcode Mismatch

vbimport

I get this error when trying to flash a special AD-5260S OEM Firmware to this drive.
“The Firmware file expects a different bootcode on your drive. You are not allowed to continue.
Found 0x3032 - expected 0x3232”

Can I force this drive somehow to accept my OEM Firmware?
Can I change the drives bootcode?
I can send the special Firmware via PN.

Sending this special firmware would be nice, but in order to flash it, you would need to have a matching bootcode on your drive (which I do not have) and I cannot tell whether this bootcode is compatible with your hardware or requires a different hardware. I will send you my email address in a PM so you can send me the firmware.

i´m searching for a slow read firmware for these drive. is there one in the werks?:rolleyes:

I seem to have the same issue. When trying to flash an Optiarc 5260S with a Primera 1Z50 firmware I get found 0x3132, expect 0x3232. When trying your original firmware v1.00 I get error found 0x3132, expected 0x3032. Are there 3 versions of the 5260S? I can sent you a dump of the 1z50 firmware as well as a dump of the 0x3132 if it will help.

We seem to have at least 3 different bootcodes: 02, 12 and 22 (the Binflash output is just a hexadecimal representation of these values)
I do have bootcodes 02 and 12 from schristooo and they only differ in version number, dates and checksum. I don’t have 22 but schristoo managed to flash one of his 02 drives with 1Z50 firmware - only slightly modified to allow flashing.

I am happy to sent you the 22 fw. Can you tell me what slight modification i need to make? Thanks a million for your help.

I was able to flash the black “AD-5260S-0B” and the silver “AD-5260S-0S” but not the “AD-5260S-0B R”.
The one with an R behind the Model No. did not work with the modified 1Z50 Firmware, but I was able to flash back the original Firmware dump to it. So make sure you have a Firmware dump of your original Firmware from the drive, when trying out custom Firmware.

Can you tell me what you modified in the 1z50 fw?

[QUOTE=Lion_NL;2598644]I am happy to sent you the 22 fw. Can you tell me what slight modification i need to make? Thanks a million for your help.[/QUOTE]
It’s not the 22 firmware that I need but the 22 bootcode which is only available on such drives.

If you’re familiar with hex-editors there’s something you can try. If you only have a flasher executable, you should separate the binary firmware first. It’s 1,769,480 Bytes at the end of the executable file. So if the executable is 1,822,728 Bytes in size just delete the first 53,248 Bytes. You can try to force flashing by doing the following:

[ol]
[li]Dump your current firmware[/li][li]Load original firmware and 1Z50 firmware in hex editor[/li][li]Add values from your original firmware to the following locations on the 1Z50 firmware:[/li][ul]
[li]0x00000c to 0x00000f[/li][li]0x1b0006[/li][/ul]
[li]Try flashing the modified 1Z50 firmware[/li][li]If your drive doesn’t work, try flashing the dumped firmware[/li][li]If it still doesn’t work, buy a new drive[/li][/ol]

If you can tell me how, I will extract the 22 bootcode from the original drives.

I dumped the firmware from both the drives. The 0x00000c to 0x00000f part is the same in both files. At the end (0x1b0006) there is the difference between 12 and 22. After changing it in the 1z50 fw binflash will upload to the drive. The drive will not flash due to a checksum error :frowning:

The 0x3132 drives are labeled as AD-5260S-0B R. It has a production date of feb2011.

[QUOTE=Lion_NL;2598904]If you can tell me how, I will extract the 22 bootcode from the original drives.[/QUOTE]
So you actually have a drive with the 1z50 firmware and want to put that one on different drives too? If that’s the case I can provide you with instructions on what to do via PM.

I dumped the firmware from both the drives. The 0x00000c to 0x00000f part is the same in both files. At the end (0x1b0006) there is the difference between 12 and 22. After changing it in the 1z50 fw binflash will upload to the drive. The drive will not flash due to a checksum error :frowning:

This error message means that the values at 0x0000c to 0x000f is not correct - provided that nothing else inside the firmware was changed.

Hi Lion, then you are probably out of luck, I was able to flash them with the Firmware, but they did not work as expected. After I flashed the Firmware to these drives the tray came out and did not behave as wanted.
So I had to flash back the original Firmware dump.
You need to use 0xc to 0xf from the original Firmware.
Replace D1.Z5ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿF°¹N
with D1.Z5ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿH°·N
That should do the job.

Hey Lion, if you manage to get the Firmware running on the drives, let me know please.

Hi Liggy,

I have a drive which I flashed to 1z50 "AD-5260S-0B"
and another drive “AD-5260S-0B R” which I could flash with your help, but did not work as expected. Is there anything else I can do to get the Firmware running on this drive?

[QUOTE=Liggy;2598908]So you actually have a drive with the 1z50 firmware and want to put that one on different drives too? If that’s the case I can provide you with instructions on what to do via PM.

This error message means that the values at 0x0000c to 0x000f is not correct - provided that nothing else inside the firmware was changed.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=schristooo;2598910]I have a drive which I flashed to 1z50 “AD-5260S-0B”

Is there anything else I can do to get the Firmware running on this drive?[/QUOTE]
This drive that you flashed worked with an unmodified firmware or could you only flash it after modifications? If it worked without modifications it should have the 22 bootcode and this would (at least in theory) make it possible to apply this bootcode to other drives as well.

The drive flashed after modification that you made.
The checksum at the beginning and the bootcode at the end.
It has the 02 bootcode.
Unfortunatelly I dont have the 22 bootcode.
How can I flash the bootcode to a drive?
Maybe I can flash the drive with 12 bootcode to the 02 bootcode.

Flashing from 12 to 02 shouldn’t make a big difference. I compared the bootcodes and there is no difference in the actual code only on date and version information. For that reason I don’t really understand why it worked on the 02 bootcode but not on 12.

After doing it a bit more carefull I was able to flash the modified 1Z50 into the 0x3132 drive. Result was as schristooo described, tray came out, nothing much esle seemed to work. I was able to flash the original back to get the drive working again.

Retail AD-x26xS with bootcode 0.02 and dublicator version with 0.22 bootcode have identical hardware, so cross-flashing possible (i have dublicator 5260S 1.Z5 firmware, and 7260S 1.Z0).

New retail AD-x26xS with bootcode 0.12 have new hardware revision (i think more cheap optics) and require special firmware build. I have bootcode 0.12 from 7260S and hear about 5260S with 0.12 bootcode (but not have now). And this drives not compatible with bootcodes 0.02, 0.22 and correspond firmwares.

latest 7260S firmware update 1.03 from Optiarc site look like dual-firmware (contain 1.03 firmwares for both hardware revisions with bootcodes 0.02 and 0.12).

[QUOTE=Liggy;2598641]We seem to have at least 3 different bootcodes: 02, 12 and 22 (the Binflash output is just a hexadecimal representation of these values)
I do have bootcodes 02 and 12 from schristooo and they only differ in version number, dates and checksum. I don’t have 22 but schristoo managed to flash one of his 02 drives with 1Z50 firmware - only slightly modified to allow flashing.[/QUOTE]
Hi Liggy,

You sent Schristoo a modified copy of 1Z50 firmware that he flashed his AD-5260s-0B bootcode 02 succesfully please could you send me a copy of it I’m a desperate man please can help :bow: