Acura Navigation Dvd...i Burnt It, It Worked! -- Now I Got Another Question

vbimport

Hi, I have a 2001 MDX, Black DVD…ripped in ISO mode with Decrypter and burnt the image with Nero at the slowest speed with a DVD+R (maxell/Ritek DVD) worked no problem
Anyway here is my question, I have a 2001 MDX with Navi ( black dvd disc), of course…
I just brought it to Canada and of course I would like to get some Canadian coverage, so i started doing some research on burning…well a lot of problems, I tried it , took my time and my burnt copy worked like a charm, 10 times I turned on and off and only once did it not work and all I did was remove and reinsert the DVD, so not a real problem.
Now, the 2001 dvd is Black, the one I think I will need to get, if possible, would be the Orange color DVD from the 2003 models, this offered the Canadian coverage, as per Alpines website. So I think that these are Dual Layer DVD’s in the '03, is my 2001 unit able to read the Dual Layer Disc, or is it only able to read single layer, because if that is the differences between the generations, then I think instead of using the DL disc I could split the info of the disc in 2, so, 1 single layer disc for ex. could hold all the east coast and the other single layer disc would hold the east coast info. Does this make sense, have you heard of anyone doing, this? I have access to a 2003 Disc for like $25.00 but not sure until I hear if it is possible to burn it or even use it. Any ideas, Options? Anything I could do have Canadian coverage, without having to spend like $200 +
Thanks for the help if you are able to…

Welcome njanen,

I think the 25$ disc would be the option not to spend 200$… and I assume it’s an original disc so why wouldn’t it work.

The thing I am not sure if ti will work is beacuse I have a 2001 model and I do not know if the 2003 model, for which the orange disc is made for would work on my dvd system. My DVD for my 2001 is only a single layer, I think its only 4.4GB, and the 2003 is a DUal Layer and I do not know if mine will read a Dual layer disc.

Thanks

I’m thinking the problem, or difference is that 1 plays single layer discs and the other plays dual layer discs, which is an easy fix…to use the dual layer on the single layer player.
Does anyone know for sure…?? I;mt hinking about trying it out…

I doubt you can split the dl disc into two working sl discs and I would ask alpine’s customer service if your navigation system is able using the 2003 disc.

Hi there,

I am currently trying to copy the acura navteq dvd for the 2003 and the 2008. These are both dual layer disks and I have tried with dvddecrypter and it will rip an iso no problem - both dvddecrypter and nero set to dvd-rom burnt the disk but it did not read correctly. However, when I use the disks in Nero set to dvd-rom and do a disk copy to dvd+R dl disks they perform correctly. I can use the 2008 copy in the 2008 MDX, and will have to test it in the 2003 TL. Versions of the disk that I am using are 2003 version 3.?? 2008 version 4.62 and 2008 version 6.2. The 6.2 disks are not working correctly and are giving me problems but the others are ok. Note I made about 5 copies with dvd decrypter and they did not work (even when set to dvd-rom mode), only nero copies worked…

Your idea of spliting the disk might work as long as you split the map files between the two. I have not looked at the disk too closely yet.

Are you saying that you were able to create a DL disc on one of the new ones and it worked? I was hearing that because of the PTP vs. OTP it cannot work since there is no PTP blank media available?

njanen will you please tell me how you were able to burn your Acura Navigation DVD? I have been trying for weeks and cannot get it right!..I am using ImgBurn as my software and Verbatim DL DVD’s. Your help will be greatly appreciated!

[QUOTE=hpcomputerdude;2220930]njanen will you please tell me how you were able to burn your Acura Navigation DVD? I have been trying for weeks and cannot get it right!..I am using ImgBurn as my software and Verbatim DL DVD’s. Your help will be greatly appreciated![/QUOTE]I answered you here > http://club.cdfreaks.com/f80/make-backup-your-cd-dvd-navigation-disc-137886/index11.html#post2220939

Ok, use DVD Decryptor and copy as an image. Make sure you are useing a DVD+R…this will not work with anything else…and I hate Verbatim…I used a RIDATA disk…cheap but still good. When u burn, I suggest 2.4x or 4x no faster. If it doesnt work the first time then burn but change the book type on Decryptor to DVD-ROM. Also try a few times in the car player…sometimes it takes a few times opening the cover in the car player to reset it…there are times when it will not work so all u have to do is either open the cover or eject the dvd to reset the system…hope it works 4 u

i have a 05 TL and would like to find the canadian cd for my navigation…any idea’s on how to do this???

What buring program did you use after you used, dvd decrypter. Im still trying to get a good copy .My navigation disc is kinda white/silverish. Ver 4.73 My car i use it for is a 2008 Acura MDX…Ived tryed nero9,imgburn,master imgburn,dvdfab,anydvd,ashampoo…HELP

hi
i a have acura mdx 2003 i lost the vavigation disc .like you said you have the disc for 2003 for $25.00 i would like to buy that if you are interested in selling. let me know.
thanks

[QUOTE=njanen;1998591]The thing I am not sure if ti will work is beacuse I have a 2001 model and I do not know if the 2003 model, for which the orange disc is made for would work on my dvd system. My DVD for my 2001 is only a single layer, I think its only 4.4GB, and the 2003 is a DUal Layer and I do not know if mine will read a Dual layer disc.
[/QUOTE]

Dear njanen, could you finaly obtain the reply to that question: is 2001 model plays back 2003 orange disk?
Could you resolve that problem (I have the similar one)?
Thanks in advance for your (and othwers) assistance.

[QUOTE=Blackbass;2417693]What buring program did you use after you used, dvd decrypter. Im still trying to get a good copy .My navigation disc is kinda white/silverish. Ver 4.73 My car i use it for is a 2008 Acura MDX…Ived tryed nero9,imgburn,master imgburn,dvdfab,anydvd,ashampoo…HELP[/QUOTE]

I used nero and was only able to make a working copy using Verbatim DL media. I made about 4 coasters using other brand of media. Also burn at no faster than 4X. Good Luck

[QUOTE=mj3396;2496129]I used nero and was only able to make a working copy using Verbatim DL media. I made about 4 coasters using other brand of media. Also burn at no faster than 4X. Good Luck[/QUOTE]

mj3396, Good to hear that someone has been successful. Can you give us more information - DVD writer model, copy method, Nero burning ROM or Express, other details or settings, etc? The more detail the better. Thanks.

njanen Hello
[I] just resently purchased a Acura MXD 2002 , and it’s really great , but the navigational system is really outdated , as you to purchase DVD is evry expensive , and I would like to obtain a copy from you if your interested , please ,please email me back at removed [/I]
[I]any assistance will be greatly appeciadted …[/I]

[I]Thank You[/I]

Hi Nell7,

your request is incompatible with our forum rules.
We can only offer help when it comes to creating backups of your own original discs.

Right thats what I would lke to do…

Do you need single or double to burn it