Activated without even trying to do so

vbimport

Yesterday I just wanted to try Windows 8 in VMware - just to see how it looks. Because I didn’t have valid serial number to start with, I tried to create partitions with diskpart and then used the two commands to put Win on hdd:

[ul]
[li]dism /apply-image /imagefile:D:\Sources\install.wim /index:1 /applydir:C:[/li][li]bcdboot C:\Windows[/li][/ul]Then after reboot Windows continued installing and after a while metro (:Z) showed up. Windows showed it was running with key ending on CRYQH but not activated.

Searched Internet for CRYQH and found a site that showed a key starting with RR3BN to install media center. Because I was just trying things and intended to delete the VM anyway, I went ahead and installed media center. After the installation with reboot I noticed my Win 8 was activated. Why? :eek:

Both my serials seem to be well known according Google and probably should not allow activation.

It wont last long, if I am not mistaken, Windows 8 checks acvtivation every 30 days.:flower:

From which image did you get .wim file? from TBP or MSDN/Technet?

What is TBP? :confused:

It’s MSDN image. Filename de_windows_8_x86_dvd_915423.iso

Was this only coincidence or can someone else confirm this works? Or is it only work in VMware

[QUOTE=ZappZapp;2652546]What is TBP? :confused:

It’s MSDN image. Filename de_windows_8_x86_dvd_915423.iso

Was this only coincidence or can someone else confirm this works? Or is it only work in VMware[/QUOTE]
I think any serial will work for 30 days, then if its not legit it will be zapped, ZappZapp.:bigsmile::bigsmile: