ACTA anti-piracy treaty still being hidden from the public

vbimport

ACTA anti-piracy treaty still being hidden from the public.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/07/ADjpXp.jpg[/newsimage]Christian Engstrom, Pirate Party Member of European Parliament (MEP), attended European Commission Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) this week to gain information about the treaty to share with the public. He was promptly turned away.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/acta-anti-piracy-treaty-still-being-hidden-from-the-public-31948/](http://www.myce.com/news/acta-anti-piracy-treaty-still-being-hidden-from-the-public-31948/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Same old message, Freedom with their exceptions. Meaning, when a government negotiates without it’s peoples consent, is this legally considered democracy?

[QUOTE=trust2112;2531878]…when a government negotiates without it’s peoples consent, is this legally considered democracy?[/QUOTE]

It may be a matter of the fact that we have to put a certain degree of trust in our elected officials to make responsible decisions for the population. We have our say during the elections. Excellent question though. Do we have any lawyerly-types that hang out around here?

I don’t agree with how governments are handling this, but I also don’t understand why people think they have any right to pirate other people’s/company’s property. What exactly is it that you think gives you that right?

Is it me or does this “Commission Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA)” meeting sound like some kind of pinko, freak organization. Who gives a damn about European law unless one is in a European country?

The possibility for abuse is obvious along with zero accountability. Why else would this meeting be so hush hush.

[QUOTE=shstrang98;2531904]Who gives a damn about European law unless one is in a European country?[/QUOTE]
This treaty will affect the United States, as well as any other non-European countries that agree to it.

[QUOTE=shstrang98;2531904]The possibility for abuse is obvious along with zero accountability. Why else would this meeting be so hush hush.[/QUOTE]
I think the secrecy is outlandish! The reason for keeping it secret is so that the citizenry doesn’t have a chance to review it and protest if they don’t agree.

What exactly is going on? Are they making it illegal with imprisonment to use bit torrent and file-share? This a scary world we live in where one’s rights go out the window. I do not download copy writed material so what is the big deal?

@bradwrite

First off people do it cause they can, so do it cause they cant afford it, and if people dont absorb ideas we will not evolve, so you will have things like this through all times, its a simple logic, However understand this, you can not create music, you can only discover it, so basically everyone even the musicians are stealing from something that was already there! its only but to discovering the order of the material.

ACTA is wretched evil that must go away. Proponets of it should be considered detrimental to society and borderline criminal with respect to their blatant disregard for rights and freedoms.

INFORM YOURSELVES ! Read everything you can about the consequences of an ACTA friendly society. It should shock and horrify you, what our governments are conceiving with ACTA.

'nuff said

[QUOTE=BradWright;2531890]I don’t agree with how governments are handling this, but I also don’t understand why people think they have any right to pirate other people’s/company’s property. What exactly is it that you think gives you that right?[/QUOTE]

Troll much, Brad? Trying to get a rise out of us? I have a feeling that if we were talking about cat food, you’d chime in with a question about why people are mean to cats. We were talking about cat food, Brad, not cats.

100 million sperm and you were the fastest? God help us.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2532237]Troll much, Brad? Trying to get a rise out of us? I have a feeling that if we were talking about cat food, you’d chime in with a question about why people are mean to cats. We were talking about cat food, Brad, not cats.

100 million sperm and you were the fastest? God help us.[/QUOTE]

That was way funny Duke, now i know why i named my dog that, to honor you! lmao, you get him!

If this becomes law we are all screwed you will not be able to even fix your own computer when it breaks the vagueness of the wording leaves it to be interpreted as the manufacture decides he can make a TV so it only excepts certain channels or even after you have hooked up you new TV through an online up firmware update change it to only except certain channels and you would not be allowed to do any thing about it.just one example the whole thing is very scary from a freedom point of view ,write ,email your politicians tell them no NO NO!!!