Acronis True Image Backup Guide

vbimport

I decided to do this guide because of a couple of recent threads.
It may not be the way all would want to do it but it works for me & The times I have needed to do a recovery the backup images done this way work.
Most of the images are self explanitory.

For me the drive I write backups to is an external hard drive but it should work with a large flash drive too.

You can use default but there are settings I want to make so the backup is what I want.
I do skip a couple for example the Notifications. I think you might want them if you scheduled backups automatically. Just to make sure it had been done.

I don’t compress because I think there is less chance of file corruption.

This gets the options done .

When I first started using Acronis I had some failures. I found that once I started “Validating” I’ve never had one. I do this with “Restore” also.

That gets the Backup done . I didn’t have time to do the “Restore” Guide but may soon.

Thanks Cholla, for this guide. If and when you get a chance could you please, post the how to restore guide as well.

Mr. Bill :clap:

This is the Restore Guide.
I just went to the “Proceed” window & canceled As I didn’t want to restore my OS. I don’t do that needlessly .

A small analyzing popup will come up after image 5 . Let it complete.

Continue:

The reason for this is I don’t know what the
"commands set by default" are. This should have
no commands & has worked for me.

Do nothing with "Notifications’ selections.

As I posted I couldn’t go on from here without restoring my OS.
If my memory is correct the computer will “Reboot” & display a Progress window outside of Windows . When it completes it will do your usual "Log On ". It may have an OK button .If you use a password you will need to type it in as usual.

My version is Acronis True Image Home Version 11.0 Build 8.101

Thanks again Cholla, for the restore guide info. A while back I had a version of acronis true image home. I think it was version 10. I can not find my disk now. There is a new version of acronis, I think it is called true image 2013. I will check into that version.

Mr. Bill :slight_smile:

Do these guides also work for the various ‘free’ branded versions like the WD version or the SeaGate version?

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2653065]Do these guides also work for the various ‘free’ branded versions like the WD version or the SeaGate version?[/QUOTE]

I don’t know all I have is the paid version .
I would think they would be similar if the WD version or the SeaGate version are from Acronis .

Your Welcome Mr.Bill.
This Wiki shows a history of editions & my version 11 is from 2007 .
It is not the 2011 version. It works well with both Vista & XP so it is all I need.

[QUOTE=Nemesys;2653068]Thanks ChoYa.
I always wondered where the “Validate” option was hidden in the newer Acronis versions.[/QUOTE]
My version is not very new being from 2007. The main thing is it works for me.
I don’t have a SSD so I can’t say how well it would work for them.

Thanks ChoYa.

I always wondered where the “Validate” option was hidden in the newer Acronis versions.

This is a PDF for the WD edition . The copyright listed in it is 2011 so I would think it is comparible to the 2010 version . I has a fair guide with some images.

[QUOTE=cholla;2653067]I don’t know all I have is the paid version .
I would think they would be similar if the WD version or the SeaGate version are from Acronis .[/QUOTE] I don’t know, but I do know that the three (retail/download) versions of Acronis True Image that I have owned each have different user interfaces! :doh:

^Agree with Drage. My 2011 version of this program looks completely different.

I guess this one was older than I thought . It has continued to work well so I don’t think I will be getting a newer version any time soon.

I did look at the WD edition that I posted the .pdf of for olyteddy . It did look different. I guess the older one has more steps & uses a wizard .

The newer one seems to use a scheduler of sorts even for a one time from the .pdf . I only checked it quickly so I may have got that wrong.

I do hope this guide will help someone . I spent a bit of time on it.

“I do hope this guide will help someone . I spent a bit of time on it.”

@Cholla

I’m sure this guide will help others :iagree:

As with any guide they can be rather time consuming and we appreciate all the time you spent on this one. :clap:

Thank You. :flower:

[B]SJ[/B]

Hopefully for the cloners, the “unplug Old C: and plug cables into Cloned C:” is enough for their 'restore’s.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2653118]“I do hope this guide will help someone . I spent a bit of time on it.”

@Cholla

I’m sure this guide will help others :iagree:

As with any guide they can be rather time consuming and we appreciate all the time you spent on this one. :clap:

Thank You. :flower:

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, thanks for the time spent doing the guide. George

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2653145]Hopefully for the cloners, the “unplug Old C: and plug cables into Cloned C:” is enough for their 'restore’s.[/QUOTE]

There are reasons the “Cloners” adopted that method of “Validating” a fresh clone… because it’s about as unambiguous in regards to “Success” or “Failure” as such things can get…

Thank you good job.