Acronis issue

vbimport

Cannot get Acronis True Image 2012 to work on Win 8.1. Compatibility issue. Is it my system or is it not compatible in Win 8.1? T.I.A.

Every version under 2013 is not compatible if ran in the OS enviroment…
However,the bootcd of 2012 could work as there’s no installation involved.

You may like to try [B]Macrium Reflect free edition[/B].
It’s fully compatible with Win7/8/8.1, and Windows 10. It’s what I now use.

It also has, IMO, the best rescue media creator.

[QUOTE=roadworker;2761237]Every version under 2013 is not compatible if ran in the OS enviroment…
However,the bootcd of 2012 could work as there’s no installation involved.[/QUOTE]
That’s news to me I have Acronis 2013 on cd and it works fine from CD install but I found Acronis 2015 on cd balks at older hardware like my Dell 1525 or DV5-1245dx all of which is running Win7x64 Ult SP1. So I wen t back to Acronics 2013 CD and haven’t had any problem. So I am not going to use 2015 anymore on my Desktop running Z97 intel chipset it works fine though.

[QUOTE=Dee;2761242]You may like to try [B]Macrium Reflect free edition[/B].
It’s fully compatible with Win7/8/8.1, and Windows 10. It’s what I now use.

It also has, IMO, the best rescue media creator.[/QUOTE]
For I like to run from the cd/dvd instead of the drive that way I don’t have to install it for every computer to be able to use it. This is why Acronis for me is best suited for one computer install and creates the Disk and then you can use it on all other computer at boot and create backup image of those drives and restore back to with the same disk without having to install on each computer to be able to use the backup process. And if I redo my Desktop that has Acronis it won’t be present there anymore but I do have the disk that I can still use to make images and backup with. So that to me saves time and headache. I came from using Norton Ghost on floppy disk to CD and that was a godsend as floppy goes bad and your stuck. But with cd I can make many copies of the same cd and I’ll have one available to use or give family members so they can use to backup their drive image. That’s what I like about it-they don’t have to go buy it I just give them a copy of mine and they have all the backup controls at their command.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2761274]For I like to run from the cd/dvd instead of the drive that way I don’t have to install it for every computer to be able to use it. This is why Acronis for me is best suited for one computer install and creates the Disk and then you can use it on all other computer at boot and create backup image of those drives and restore back to with the same disk without having to install on each computer to be able to use the backup process. And if I redo my Desktop that has Acronis it won’t be present there anymore but I do have the disk that I can still use to make images and backup with. So that to me saves time and headache. I came from using Norton Ghost on floppy disk to CD and that was a godsend as floppy goes bad and your stuck. But with cd I can make many copies of the same cd and I’ll have one available to use or give family members so they can use to backup their drive image. That’s what I like about it-they don’t have to go buy it I just give them a copy of mine and they have all the backup controls at their command.[/QUOTE]You can do that with Reflect.
It uses WinPE and a plugin.
I have Acronis TIH 2011, and you can’t backup Win10 with the rescue media, or to be more correct, you can make a backup, but when restored it doesn’t work.

You need Acronis TIH 2015 with the latest patch, or TIH 2016 in order to backup and restore Win10.

Plus Reflect supports NVMe SSDs out the box, Acronis doesn’t.

Thanks all for the great replies, Dee I am going to download Macrium after this post. Also found a compatibility chart for Acronis, and 2013 version is compatible, everything after that is not.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2761280]Thanks all for the great replies, Dee I am going to download Macrium after this post. Also found a compatibility chart for Acronis, and 2013 version is compatible, everything after that is not.[/QUOTE]
That’s what I found out…2013 still works well so I keep it for now as well.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2761280]2013 version is compatible, everything after that is not.[/QUOTE]

AFTER that ? :confused::confused:
I expected the opposite…everything b4 2013…:eek: