Acrobat Copyright Printing?

A freind of mine has a PDF file that won’t print for him because of copyright. Anyone got any ideas on what to do?

try a different program for opening the pdf? convert the pdf to another format?

Try Advanced PDF Password Recovery

This program (Advanced PDF Password Recovery, or simply APDFPR) can be used to decrypt protected Adobe Acrobat PDF files, which have “owner” password set, preventing the file from editing (changing), printing, selecting text and graphics (and copying them into the Clipboard), or adding/changing annotations and form fields (in any combination). Decryption is being done instantly. Decrypted file can be opened in any PDF viewer (e.g. Adobe Acrobar Reader) without any restrictions – i.e. with edit/copy/print functions enabled. All versions of Adobe Acrobat (including 5.x, which features 128-bit encryption) are supported. The program is also able to convert Kinko’s Document Format (KDF) files to PDF files (without any protection).

Did you try Ghostview aka GSview, google for it, there will be many hits on the first search page alone.

What type of protection does the PDF file use? If it’s FileOpen…have fun. This is some fairly strong stuff that is starting to be used by quite a few companies…unfortunately.

Also, the later versions of Elcomsoft won’t crack it. You need to get hold of “Advanced e-book Processor v2.2” that still has the FileOpen code in it.

Then again, if the PDF file isn’t using FileOpen, please disregard what I have said and use the program that Pirate80 mentioned.

RoC

Originally posted by MunkiFisht
A freind of mine has a PDF file that won’t print for him because of copyright. Anyone got any ideas on what to do?

i’m curious … is this a legally obtained document ?

You know Mr.Belvedere…maybe that should have been the first question we asked right at the beginning :stuck_out_tongue:

RoC