Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer

Hi,

i couldn’t find this listed in PC World (uk) - and was wondering why this software is difficult to come by, over the counter?

need to experiment with some ambient sound / music effects - is this the software for me, please? - for cd mixing, remixing; ‘freewheeling’ ~

:confused:

thanks,

ric

i went for the ‘Mixcraft’ edition/software in the end, which seemed to have more modules/flexibility?

r

oops! here again :slight_smile:

been using MixCraft ever since - a very flexible programme - although starting to experiment with Sony SoundForge, recently?

:wink:

R

I used Acoustica MP3Mixer as a start out. Its about as simple a program as there is. Very easy slidin’ tracks around. Good way to make some sound on sound tracks and get creative with mixing. You’ll soon [if your really into it] will desire more bells and whistles. I use Cool Edit which is 128 track capable with countless devices to elimanate pops and hiss, change things by octave, echo’s,reverbs-just hundreds of different areas. Like Sound Forge it’s a 128 track recording studio. Not by far as easy as Acoustica and does take a month to start to really understand it but believe me you’d be hooked. As for Acoustica over the counter hmmmmm I think there in California…USA. You could e mail them and ask who distributes in your area. I more or less think they sell off their website.
http://www.acoustica.com/?src=imix_about
Copy and paste that in your browser if not a hotlink. If you want a copy of Acoustica to check it out P.M. me with your e mail address and I’ll send you a zipped [WinZip] copy. Good Luck…If you get into music and mixing tracks you’ll be addicted… Like Me :slight_smile:

[quote=Zappaboss;1933133]I used Acoustica MP3Mixer as a start out. Its about as simple a program as there is. Very easy slidin’ tracks around. Good way to make some sound on sound tracks and get creative with mixing. You’ll soon [if your really into it] will desire more bells and whistles. I use Cool Edit which is 128 track capable with countless devices to elimanate pops and hiss, change things by octave, echo’s,reverbs-just hundreds of different areas. Like Sound Forge it’s a 128 track recording studio. Not by far as easy as Acoustica and does take a month to start to really understand it but believe me you’d be hooked. As for Acoustica over the counter hmmmmm I think there in California…USA. You could e mail them and ask who distributes in your area. I more or less think they sell off their website.
http://www.acoustica.com/?src=imix_about
Copy and paste that in your browser if not a hotlink. If you want a copy of Acoustica to check it out P.M. me with your e mail address and I’ll send you a zipped [WinZip] copy. Good Luck…If you get into music and mixing tracks you’ll be addicted… Like Me :)[/quote]

Hi Zappaboss,

yes, it’s going to take me a long time to investigate SoundForge (fully) now i have had success with MixCraft, but i can see it is a more powerful programme - Nero6 folded its mp3 converter on me about a month ago, which put me back a long way in terms of creative mixes (which i then swop into mp3 format) and i have only recently got the mp3 software up and running again; meanwhile, i discovered SoundForge also has this mp3 creation/transformation potential, but SF operates through the soundcard whereas Nero has it’s own volume sliders: the potential for confusion is great, but i am getting there

can’t see the point in upgrading to Nero 7 or 8 (soundwise) what would i gain? Nero6 is a stable software, the others sound anything but?

thanks for the Acoustica link but i already have Acoustica MixCraft?

bests

Ric