Acer

vbimport

My Acer Aspire Athlon 64 3800+ Desktop wont boot up. The fan goes on and I can hear the hd going, but the on light goes on for a second and then goes off. My monitor doesn’t go on or anything. Why could this be happening? How could I possibly go about fixing it?

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

TO be sure that the cause is not the operative system, try to boot from a Live CD like Ubuntu. If the system starts, then there is something wrong in operative system installed in HDD (or maybe is the HDD to be damaged).

Another possibility is a damaged video card or a damaged display. In this case the only solution is a new computer :doh:

[QUOTE=Courttneyy1;2559637]My Acer Aspire Athlon 64 3800+ Desktop wont boot up. The fan goes on and I can hear the hd going, but the on light goes on for a second and then goes off. My monitor doesn’t go on or anything. Why could this be happening? How could I possibly go about fixing it?[/QUOTE]

That sounds more like a motherboard issue? But we need to now how old is that motherboard and what kinda PS you have in it besides what other hardware you have installed in that system?? Can you get into the Bios during the POST boot checkup?