Acer parallel scanner 620p Vista problems

vbimport

Hi friends :).
I need help. I have an old but still perfectly working parallel scanner Acer Prisa 620P.
Acer (now Benq) has released, time by time, the device drivers for all the windows o.s, xp included :rolleyes:.
Now, after having installed windows vista, seems there is no way to make the scanner work :(.
I tried to install the driver for xp in compatibility mode, and I also tried any tricks I’ve been able to think to, but no way. The scanner is not recognized by vista :sad:.
I know, parallel scanners are old and slow, and new usb or firewire scanners might be found for not so much :rolleyes:.
The truth is that:

1. any cheap price should be too much for me, presently i’ve got some money difficult :o;
  2. the scanner is still perfect, so any possible way to make in work with vista shuld be wonderful for me ;).
    I’ve installed vista in dual boot with xp, so I can use the scanner in the Xp environment, but it should be great to be able to use it in vista, because the parallel scanner I have is the only peripheral of mine, among the old ones i bought during the time, that I haven’t been able to make work in vista :a.
    Does anybody have the same problem and foud a solution?
    Grateful in advance for any suggestion. mikealfa :slight_smile:

Hi
You didn’t mention if you are using Vista 32bit or 64bit. If it’s 64bit you certainly wont get the scanner working without Vista 64 bit drivers.
I assume that the parallel port is working under Vista?

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2098404]Hi
You didn’t mention if you are using Vista 32bit or 64bit. If it’s 64bit you certainly wont get the scanner working without Vista 64 bit drivers.
I assume that the parallel port is working under Vista?[/QUOTE]

Hi Dee-27,
you’re right, I didn’t specify that my OS is vista ultimate 32 bit sp1 (but same story without sp1), and, yes, my parallel port works fine under vista.

I’m having a stab in the dark here, but does vista have a run in compatibility mode?
If so put the acer scanner software disk in and try it.

No chance to get that thing working, unless Acer/Benq is releasing Vista drivers. And this is extremely unlikely.

Maybe you can set up a virtual machine (like MS Virtual PC or virtualbox) with XP or even Win9x and try if the scanner works in such an environment.

Michael