Acer optimistic about the future of Windows 8 - feels Microsoft listens to feedback

vbimport

I just posted the article Acer optimistic about the future of Windows 8 - feels Microsoft listens to feedback.

Acer is hopeful about the changes that Microsoft has made to Windows 8 and is optimistic about the upcoming Windows 8.1 update.

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/acer-optimistic-about-the-future-of-windows-8-feels-microsoft-listens-to-feedback-67124/](http://www.myce.com/news/acer-optimistic-about-the-future-of-windows-8-feels-microsoft-listens-to-feedback-67124/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Acer is being diplomatic regarding what they say in this article. I bet the private discussions between them weren’t so diplomatic. I am sure that Acer pointed out how few touchscreen devices are being used that run an MS operating system. The more I see what is happening regarding W8 the more I wonder how MS could have screwed up so badly with their flagship product. Maybe Gates being mostly out of the loop is a reason?

[QUOTE=UTR;2687264] Maybe Gates being mostly out of the loop is a reason?[/QUOTE]

Most likely case… lmao…

The beta could put a proper desktop mode back easily.
I’m just not sure what genius decided to wage out right war on their customers, and hopefully this person is now sleeping on the curb at night.

With all due respect to Acer, they may have a fine Monitor for a cheap rpice but their computers are for children.

[QUOTE=debro;2687280]The beta could put a proper desktop mode back easily.
I’m just not sure what genius decided to wage out right war on their customers, and hopefully this person is now sleeping on the curb at night.[/QUOTE]

That’s Ballmar…if Gates said you need to open your mind and now take a hike maybe then we get some real minds thinking how do we salvage this :doh: and get our O/S to beat Apple O/S and stay ahead… and really listen instead of lecture the users and get real feedback usage not debates but honest usage and real world usage. Akin to customer feedback. And why not give a two install options…it called a bonehead move…only reason they wanted to help their Surface tablet that is the main reason but guess what it a piece of I&&(& to little to late…they got Androids, Ipad and others that beat them to the punch already and have their own O/S. M$ seems along the way to forget whom got them where they are now. The customers whom used DOS and later Win95 and later Windows O/S that really pushed their O/S to the forefront of world wide acceptance and usage.

Over on DigiTimes, coincidentally, Acer press releases are saying they’re anticipating a shift in THEIR product lines to Touch, Touch and More Touch.

Buttering their bread on both sides, as Jed Clampett might say.

I am not surprised the Gates still appears with pom-poms in his hands. I just wish his legs looked better in those kickpleats and black & white saddle shoes.