Access denied

vbimport

When trying to open some files in windows 7 I get an access denied message, and its says I don’t have permission. These are files that I put back on after changing from XP to 7. I had them backed up.
When I try to change the permissions it doesent make any difference.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and is there a work around to fix the problem?

This is one of the worst flaws I have found so far in windows 7.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post,:confused:

[QUOTE=firecat;2560545]When trying to open some files in windows 7 I get an access denied message, and its says I don’t have permission. These are files that I put back on after changing from XP to 7. I had them backed up. [/quote] How did you restore them?

Can you take ownership of the files?

[QUOTE=firecat;2560545]When trying to open some files in windows 7 I get an access denied message, and its says I don’t have permission. These are files that I put back on after changing from XP to 7. I had them backed up.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and is there a work around to fix the problem?

This is one of the worst flaws I have found so far in windows 7.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post,:confused:[/QUOTE]

How do you mean you put back the files after changing from XP to 7? Knowing this might help figure what is going on. Also what version of XP and 7 do you have what you stated is inconclusive as to what version of O/S your using? What kinda files are those anyway? I went straight to 7 and copied my saved data and files back and had no problem opening them after reinstalling the software that uses them in 7 and running them again.

Hi firecat

If you are running the home premium version of Windows 7 then there will be very little you can do mainly because all the accounts even the administrator accounts have limitations, you can try taking ownership of the files as suggested by Mr. Belvedere.

[B]SJ[/B]