Access Denied. Please login with administrator privileges and try again

vbimport

I have sp2, xp, and yes I am the only account on this wretched machine.

Ive been trying desperately to back a game up it didnt work, i gave up.

I try and play with the original and this is the msg i get. Help?

Sounds like you need to go into the control panal and create a admin acct. Quite simple to do. Just follow the instructions abve and it will prompt you through the process. Also make sure you set up a password.

K i did and its all like “Media access error” lol this is ridiculous

I am having the same problem.And am the administrator of the account. Should I change the accounts name

Could you please tell us which game, and what software application you are using to try and back it up. Bear in mind the thread you are adding to is getting on for two years old.

Also the exact error message would be helpful…

The Sims deluxe edition
I have tried sony media, imation and I think a storebrand

I get the error message when I go to msconfig start up.

Access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service. You may need to log on using administrator a to make specified changes

tho my error is about changes I haven’t been able to copy a game since I signed on
could this be the same

I have the same pblem, running Vista Home Premium, I am administrator and sole user of the machine.

I registered a copy of Adobe Photoshop Album Starter v. 3.0 online. Adobe sent me the activation code via email, however Vista will not alow me to activate as I do not have administrator priveleges.

Actual message reads:

‘Your unlock code was not activated.
Administrator privileges are needed to activate the unlock code on this computer.
Please log in with a privileged account and try again.’

Any ideas would be appreciated.

[quote=Gaz244;2092121]I have the same pblem, running Vista Home Premium, I am administrator and sole user of the machine.

I registered a copy of Adobe Photoshop Album Starter v. 3.0 online. Adobe sent me the activation code via email, however Vista will not alow me to activate as I do not have administrator priveleges.

Actual message reads:

‘Your unlock code was not activated.
Administrator privileges are needed to activate the unlock code on this computer.
Please log in with a privileged account and try again.’

Any ideas would be appreciated.[/quote]

Hey Gaz, I’m by know means a Vista lover and don’t claim to know much about it. XP is for me but I’m wondering if you tried to activate it under Safe Mode if it may take then. Worth a shot. Good Luck
Mark