Access 2007 issue

vbimport

Hi all. Hope it`s correct forum section for my question. I was working with my access and suddenly an error: “Unexpected Error 35012” appeared. And it was really unexpected. What can it be? And how can I solve it?

Unexpected error 35012 = One or more damaged (corrupted) objects exist in the Microsoft Access database. For example, one or more forms are damaged.

How to fix? There are a few possibilities, first the most obvious
[ul]
[li]Click on Office button then click on Manage.[/li][li]From there select Compact and Repair Database.[/li][/ul]

Then a manual fix:
[ol]
[li]Create a new Microsoft Access database.[/li][li]On the File menu, point to Get External Data, and then click Import. Import all database objects (tables, queries, forms, reports, macros, and modules) into the new database.[/li][li]If you receive the “Unexpected error 35012” error message when you import a specific database object, repeat step 2, but exclude that object and restore the damaged object from a good backup or recreate it if you remember.[/li][/ol]

For the next tip, you must make a backup of your original corrupted database as I only vaguely remember it, but there is a undocumented command line parameter in MSAccess named decompile. It is executed from the command line like this: Msaccess.exe /decompile “{full path}\database.mdb”. You will have to use the command CD and drive letter if it resides on another drive than C:
You can make a shortcut for your MSAccess.exe executable on your desktop as well to achieve it if you do not want to mess with a command line. Once the shortcut is created, right-click it and choose properties. Then edit the Target field as follows (Access 2016 used as an example, I do not remember if 2007 is Office11 or whatever, but your path will not be Office16 the path to the Acess database must be changed…):
“C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\MSACCESS.EXE” /decompile "C:\Users\Your User\Doucuments\database.mdb"
The quotes should be included as long as there is a space somewhere in the path.

It’s been years since I did work with Access databases and so I can probably not assist you further… but for more information on repairing corrupt databases try one of the following:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/209137 - It is for Access 2000, but it should apply to 2007 as well.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruption/symptoms.htm - Covers a wide range of versions.

Edit: There is a tool too, but not freeware. Stellar Phoenix Access Database Repair is the name, but I have never used it and do not know if it will achieve anything apart from what you can do for free yourself using the above. I just noticed it was installed on a client computer a year or so ago…

[QUOTE=Xercus;2769047]Unexpected error 35012 = One or more damaged (corrupted) objects exist in the Microsoft Access database. For example, one or more forms are damaged.

How to fix? There are a few possibilities, first the most obvious
[ul]
[li]Click on Office button then click on Manage.
[/li][li]From there select Compact and Repair Database.
[/li][/ul]

Then a manual fix:
[ol]
[li]Create a new Microsoft Access database.
[/li][li]On the File menu, point to Get External Data, and then click Import. Import all database objects (tables, queries, forms, reports, macros, and modules) into the new database.
[/li][li]If you receive the “Unexpected error 35012” error message when you import a specific database object, repeat step 2, but exclude that object and restore the damaged object from a good backup or recreate it if you remember.
[/li][/ol]

For the next tip, you must make a backup of your original corrupted database as I only vaguely remember it, but there is a undocumented command line parameter in MSAccess named decompile. It is executed from the command line like this: Msaccess.exe /decompile “{full path}\database.mdb”. You will have to use the command CD and drive letter if it resides on another drive than C:
You can make a shortcut for your MSAccess.exe executable on your desktop as well to achieve it if you do not want to mess with a command line. Once the shortcut is created, right-click it and choose properties. Then edit the Target field as follows (Access 2016 used as an example, I do not remember if 2007 is Office11 or whatever, but your path will not be Office16 the path to the Acess database must be changed…):
“C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\MSACCESS.EXE” /decompile "C:\Users\Your User\Doucuments\database.mdb"
The quotes should be included as long as there is a space somewhere in the path.

It’s been years since I did work with Access databases and so I can probably not assist you further… but for more information on repairing corrupt databases try one of the following:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/209137 - It is for Access 2000, but it should apply to 2007 as well.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruption/symptoms.htm - Covers a wide range of versions.

Edit: There is a tool too, but not freeware. Stellar Phoenix Access Database Repair is the name, but I have never used it and do not know if it will achieve anything apart from what you can do for free yourself using the above. I just noticed it was installed on a client computer a year or so ago…[/QUOTE]
Agree this should work. You might find usefull a 3rd party repair tool.
Make sure to see this links also.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=how%20to%20repair%20access%20database
And look here it`s a simmular case seems like they solved it. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b7ec7a0a-60ad-4b83-ba86-7c1fe252e89a/mdb-file-completely-corrupt-after-many-attempts-to-recover-it?forum=officeitproprevious
Good luck. Hope it helps.

[QUOTE=Xercus;2769047]There is a tool too, but not freeware. Stellar Phoenix Access Database Repair is the name, but I have never used it and do not know if it will achieve anything apart from what you can do for free yourself using the above. I just noticed it was installed on a client computer a year or so ago…[/QUOTE]
I don’t think so any paid software is required here. Corruption seems minor, and hence can be fixed manually. Don’t spend your money on such paid software. Have you tried [B][I]Compact and repair[/I][/B] utility? If not, you must try it once for your corrupt Access database. You can also try [B][I]JetComp.exe[/I][/B] to repair Access database. You can also try one more thing which is easy but highly effective. You can import corrupt database into a new database.

I hope the shared information would be helpful here.

Thanks and best regards.

Here’s the blog post in which you can find useful information:

[B]Repair Access Database with Compact and Repair Utility | N. Sem’s Blog[/B]

Best regards.

Even cheaper solution contact Office Support with the error and they will send out a solution…