Accelerating Audio extraction

vbimport

Hello

I would like to accelerate my cd audio ripping speed.

CD-R/CD-RW vendors publish the maximum audio extraction speed they have, but my question is - will I get these numbers or does it also depends on cpu, memory…

I would also like to know who is doing the DAE - is it the CD or the ripping software.

Today I have an old CD-R (3 years back), PIII - 450, 256 mem, and I am getting X7 audio extraction speed.
Is there a CD-R that will give me X24 (for example) without upgrading my CPU and MEM ?

Thank you very much
Guy

Originally posted by guy_nir100
will I get these numbers or does it also depends on cpu, memory…

It depends on DMA.
If DMA works well, you’ll get the announced speeds.

I would also like to know who is doing the DAE - is it the CD or the ripping software.

?
The CD I’d say. You also need a ripping program, but the work is done by the reader.

Today I have an old CD-R (3 years back), PIII - 450, 256 mem, and I am getting X7 audio extraction speed.
Is there a CD-R that will give me X24 (for example) without upgrading my CPU and MEM ?

Not many. Plextor SCSI (expensive), Asus…
I think it’s better idea to buy a writer like LiteOn or LG. They’re very good audio readers and speeds until 40x or more.

There are two DAE lists here:
www.cdspeed2000.com
http://www.feurio.com/English/cd_roms/frame_list_ide.html

Originally posted by guy_nir100
Yes. Lite-ON

I suggest you to buy the Lite-ON LTR-52246S. Look at the Audio Read Tests Here. It has an average of 37x. And it is the World’s Fastest Recorder.

LiteOn is now really dominating the DAE ranks with no less than five entries in the DAE Top 10… (Here )
These LiteOn drives all have a near-perfect implementation of C2 error detection which may come in handy if you want to extract audio tracks from damaged discs.

:cool: