Ac3 to wav file problems

I really need help with this one, I have tried myself but just can’t figure out where i’m going wrong. thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

after following chickenmas guides I can successfully create vcd’s, but I have encountered a problem and I don’t know what i’m doing wrong.

I am trying to burn a movie onto vcd which is an AVI AC3 file. obviously I know (after reading the guide) that I need to extract the audio and convert it to WAV

I have run it through virtualdub (direct stream copy, save WAV), remamed it as audio.ac3. I then copied azid to the file where the audio is. on command prompt i browsed to the folder where the audio/azid is and typed the following azid --maximize audio.ac3 audio.wav and I am getting the following message audio.ac3: no such file or directory

to be honest I am not too familiar with command promt but as far as I can see I did it right, I was definately in the correct folder anyway. I’m at the point now where I have tried everything my limited knowledge will allow me to and am just complelely stuck. I would really appreciate any suggestions you may have. I’m using windows xp if that’s relevant.

thanks again

eli

If you save out an AC3 with VirtualDub then it will have a wav header and renaming it will not get rid of it. BeSplit however will.

Also with VirtualDubMod you can simply demux the AC3.

That all said I have no idea if azid can handle an ac3 with a wav header.

Sounds like you simply don’t have a file audio.ac3 in that directory… Maybe it is audio.ac3.wav??

i use virtualdub also…and besweet for ac3
besweet can be found at
www.vcdhelp.com
www.doom9.net

and here
http://besweet.notrace.dk/

i use virtualdub to get the ac3 wav…then use besweet to make it ac3 again.

thanks for your suggestions :slight_smile:

celtic_druid to be honest i’ve never even heard of BeSplit but i will check it out thanks. it was chickenmans tutorials that suggested i used azid, so i’m sure it works, i’m probably just not doing it right!

damiandimitri i’ll go and have a look at besweet aswell, thanks again, you’ve helped me out before and i really appreciate it.

i don’t really understand all the ac3 thing and why it has to be run through so many programs before i can encode it with TMPGEnc, i mean what exactly IS ac3? I’m sure one day i will understand it all and actually be able to help others out for a change!

thanks again :bow:

eli

your welcome

just take your time

i use HeadAC3he
http://darkav.de.vu/
or
PX3Convert http://digilander.libero.it/divxdoor1/swpage/px3convert.html

to convert AC3 to wav. once you have the AC3 demuxed from the video file, all you need to do is convert it to wav so TMPGEnc can handle the audio.

"i don’t really understand all the ac3 thing and why it has to be run through so many programs before i can encode it with TMPGEnc, i mean what exactly IS ac3? "

AC3 is just another form of compressed audio

eli, I have sent you a PM, any further problems let me know.

@Daemonicus

do the programs you post the same as besweet.?

could you post any link to a guide or something.

thanx

damian

HeadAC3he uses Azid to do the conversion, so yes… kind of the same as BeSweet.
HeadAC3he is fairly simple to use. Just select your source file (.AC3) and your Destination file/format (wav, MP3, Vorbis, MP2, etc) and hit start. This process will convert AC3 to wav.
Perhaps Eli should try using the BeWseet Gui ( http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/besweet_gui.html ) to make the conversion easier using Azid.
If I am understanding Eli’s question, I am assuming he has an AVI file (probably DivX) that has AC3 as the audio track. He is trying to convert this file to a VCD and needs to convert the AC3 to wav so the audio can be encoded to MP2 during his VCD creation.

Originally posted by Daemonicus
If I am understanding Eli’s question, I am assuming he has an AVI file (probably DivX) that has AC3 as the audio track. He is trying to convert this file to a VCD and needs to convert the AC3 to wav so the audio can be encoded to MP2 during his VCD creation.

yes that’s completely right (except I am a ‘she’) :wink: you just put it better than i did!

anyway, thanks everyone for all your help (especially chickenman :bow: for his PM) … problem solved using BeSweet and the BeSweet GUI. successfully encoded and burned to VCD. hopefully that’s the last of my problems now, i think i’ve stumbled on every problem there is regarding vcd’s by now! although there is one more…

thanks again

eli