Absolutly Best DVD Copying Software

vbimport

Hello USERS,
I’m relatively new to this and am wondering if everybody would be so kind as to tell me what is widely accepted as the BEST program to make back-up copies of my commecial DVD’s? Before you answer, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:

-For GOOD reasons that I’m not getting into, DVD FAB is being boycotted, so please DON’T TELL ME to get or try this product.
-If you are sponsored by, profitting from, work with or have ANY AFFILLIATION whatsoever with the product you want to suggest, please move on to another Thread. (this also includes those of you who’ve written guides or forums for the products) I’m sure you’ll find somebody who wants to hear your biased suggestions (I however do not).

• I want nothing but impartial, unbiased USER FEEDBACK about their favorite type of said product.

Now with the mentioned exceptions I will TRULY appreciate everybody’s feedback, and please don’t be shy to mention WHY it’s your favorite and feel free to also mention which software should be AVOIDED in your personal experience.
Feel free to use a star rating system out of 5 if you like :slight_smile:

The thread below is a good place to start.

Regarding your “boycott of DVDFab”, there is a free decryptor developed, supported and distributed by the author of DVDFab. That free decryptor is referenced by many CDF members and it is [B]free [/B](no trial period).

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f62/favorite-copy-software-why-255455/

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

I just love “Newbie killa 7.0”, it gets it done in a hurry, the only problem is newbies already know so much that they don’t even try it. Just go to any place but here to find it. Hope this helps

The thread that Jeff linked does have some good information. My reply in that thread has one bit of information that needs to be updated. If you are considering purchasing a decryption program that is still being updated regularly there are basically two choices at the moment. AnyDVD and DVDFab.

Since you have ruled out DVDFab for whatever reason, that leaves AnyDVD. You should be aware that free updates for the life of the program will no longer apply if you buy the program after Dec 31, 2008. Starting in 2009, they are applying a subscription model which will require periodic payments for upgrades. Anyone with a valid key before this policy takes effect will be grandfathered in, and continue to get updates with no further payment.

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2180645]I just love “Newbie killa 7.0”, it gets it done in a hurry, the only problem is newbies already know so much that they don’t even try it. Just go to any place but here to find it. Hope this helps[/QUOTE]

That wasn’t helpful, relavent or useful…and dude, what are you doing? following me around to the diff threads?
Oh and if you think that is supposed to be funny, I wouldn’t exactly persue a career in stand-up comedy…unless that’s what passes for humour in ‘the wilds of western montana’.

Please refrain from having a contest of one upmanship. If you do not have a helpful comment for LammyLammz, please do not reply in this thread.

My thoughts. The “best”? Too relative. Looking for unbiased? Not possible. If this is serious then the only serious answer is to try different programs for yourself. Invest a little time and effort, enjoy the results.

Comments deleted.

~Jethro~

Did you simply not read my last post? If you don’t have a constructive comment answering LammyLamz questions, DO NOT POST.

I’m editing your response. If you have any complaints, send me a PM.

I’m probably the last guy you want posting but I will suggest some programs for you to try: anydvd and clonedvd2, 1 click dvd copy pro with anydvd or dvd43, dvd95copy but with this one you might want to use a +RW/-RW disc as you can only get 25 minutes of the main movie during the trial period. The first mentioned gives you 21 days free trial, the second gives you 10 days free trial and the last mentioned if I remember correctly gives you 30 days free trial. But like Whappo said[B] “If this is serious then the only serious answer is to try different programs for yourself. Invest a little time and effort, enjoy the results.”[/B]

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2180667]The thread that Jeff linked does have some good information. My reply in that thread has one bit of information that needs to be updated. .[/QUOTE]

Thanks all. That thread is useful, but as you mentioned it’s a bit out dated. There are some new CSS and other anti piracy methods in effect that seem to have just started in the past month or so. There haven’t been any posts in that forum for a while. Your post was particularily helpful, but what are you currently using?

That part is particularily helpful as this means if I do decide on anydvd, it gives me a deadline for which to purchase it.

Whappo, you’re right, unbiased is impossible. I want to make sure that people who post in this thread are biased for the right reason and not because they have a vested interest in their suggested program. and as for “best” i of course mean in everybody’s personal experience. :slight_smile: If they have encountered a re-ocurring problem with one program or have had particular success with another…I want to know it all…

Thanks for the feedback!

[QUOTE=GJ;2180701]I’m probably the last guy you want posting but I will suggest some programs for you to try: anydvd and clonedvd2, 1 click dvd copy pro with anydvd or dvd43, dvd95copy but with this one you might want to use a +RW/-RW disc as you can only get 25 minutes of the main movie during the trial period. The first mentioned gives you 21 days free trial, the second gives you 10 days free trial and the last mentioned if I remember correctly gives you 30 days free trial. But like Whappo said[B] “If this is serious then the only serious answer is to try different programs for yourself. Invest a little time and effort, enjoy the results.”[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks GJ. That’s the kinda attitude I was looking for earlier when I said “help for a fellow canuck!” lol :slight_smile:
thx again.

Two small points:

1. There is no ‘absolutely best’ anything. One man’s shakey pudding is another man’s poison, as they say. Some DVDs open with DVD Shrink alone…There are even some that don’t even have CSS protection.
  2. There is an ‘e’ in [U]absolut[B]e[/B]ly[/U]…Unless you mean http://www.absolut.com/

Thanks for explaining your meaning when saying “best”. That will definitely vary according to individual experience.

The new copy protections that have been popping up lately are still being addressed by both Fab and AnyDVD. And will continue to be so in the foreseeable future. And as I see it, the continued appearance of new protection schemes is an excellent incentive to purchase a program that is still being updated.

My personal decryption/ripping techniques remain the same as when I posted in that thread.

[quote=LammyLammz;2180708]Thanks GJ. That’s kinda attitude I was looking for earlier when I said “help for a fellow canuck!” lol :slight_smile:
thx again.[/quote]
I thought you wanted something else from what I read in the thread. I guess it could have been worded differently and I could have asked what you meant by it. Anyway I have all the programs I just mentioned among others.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2180709]Two small points:

1. There is no ‘absolutely best’ anything. One man’s shakey pudding is another man’s poison, as they say. Some DVDs open with DVD Shrink alone…There are even some that don’t even have CSS protection.
  2. There is an ‘e’ in [U]absolut[B]e[/B]ly[/U]…Unless you mean http://www.absolut.com/[/QUOTE]

Thanks olyteddy
:slight_smile:

1. were it possible to edit my original post, I would make it more clear that I simply want everybody’s opinion.
  2. You’re wrong, there is an aboslutely best something. Absolut vodka. and as much as I appreciate the spelling lesson, perhaps I wanted to know which program works best with liquid assisance from the absolutly best vodka…(i can be a smart ass too) :stuck_out_tongue:

Then perhaps you should give dvd95copy, anydvd with clonedvd2 and 1 click copy pro with anydvd a try. These 3 are error proof once you know how to use them.

[QUOTE=GJ;2180752]Then perhaps you should give dvd95copy, anydvd with clonedvd2 and 1 click copy pro with anydvd a try. These 3 are error proof once you know how to use them.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried them for really new stuff? IE dark knight. what’s the most recent movie you’ve copied with them? anydvd didn’t seem to be as up to the minute as I’d like.

anydvd with clonedvd2 worked for the Dark Knight all you have to do is remove one of the audio languages like spanish or french. dvd95copy works with Wall e and others just have not tested with Dark night same for 1 click dvd copy using dvd43.

well for ‘DVD Movies’ your only real options (due to newer copy protections etc) are Slysoft’s ANYDVD or DVDFab. (it’s just a shame the “higher up’s” shut down ‘DVD Decryptor’ (same guy who makes ImgBurn) a while back as that was FREE and it worked wonders … but basically if you got DVD Movies you need to copy that where from around 2005 or older DVD Decryptor is THE software of choice :slight_smile: )

for general use i highly recommend ImgBurn for DATA and Burrrn for AUDIO.