Absolute best cdrw or dvdrw

Howdy all

Just wondering what drives ( with fw version ) are known “legendary” performance for making archival backups . I have read a couple of forums and the plex premium gets mentioned likewise some Liteons and Toshibas.

In a nutshell what drives can make backups of say Safedisc 4+ with no emulation.

Regards

Bertoman

In a nutshell what drives can make backups of say Safedisc 4+ with no emulation
If your talking DVD - None. If your Talking CD very few. Your best bet is a so called 2 sheep drive. Plextor and Liteon are two brands i know of. Doesnt mean to say it will work in every drive, or work for everyone that has the particular drive.

I dont think your going to find many drives that are going to be able ot make a backup of a game using Safedisc 4.6 without some form of emulation and possible more then that such as Anti-Blaxx or SDHide to stealth the emulated drives. Instead of wasteing all that time trying to break the copy protection i would just create an image of the CD/DVD and burn it to a data CD/DVD and then just mount it and install it and use whatever emulation software you have to to run it.