About the DVDFab with ImgBurn tutorial Thread

vbimport

Very Good SJ :iagree:

This should help a lot of beginners :smiley:

Excellent! DVDFab and ImgBurn are the dynamic duo. This tutorial should help everyone use them together. Thanks!

Excellent guide SJ! :iagree:

Very useful addition to the forum.

[B]Wombler[/B]

It’s just a shame your Windows theme makes ImgBurn look so hideous!

Each to their own though :wink:

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2547416]It’s just a shame your Windows theme makes ImgBurn look so hideous!

Each to their own though ;)[/QUOTE]

:eek: Sorry you don’t like my theme I have very low vision and have created one that is easier to see for me

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2547416]It’s just a shame your Windows theme makes ImgBurn look so hideous!

Each to their own though ;)[/QUOTE]

Instead of worring too much about the looks of your software, aren’t you glad that StormJumper wrote a guide about how to use your software? :wink: A job well done SJ :flower:

My DVDFab uses something called VSO Burning Engine by default.
So I’m wondering why use Imageburn at all?

[QUOTE=lorle;2547426]My DVDFab uses something called VSO Burning Engine by default.
So I’m wondering why use Imageburn at all?[/QUOTE]

The VSO burn engine has issues with some drives/burners and also with some low to poor quality media, ImgBurn is by far more superior burning app that has more control over the drive/burner and the burn speeds you can also set different burn speeds according to the MID(media ID) being used which comes in handy because some burners have problems with certain brands of media.

Also if you have multiple drives/burners you can use the same media in the different burner and have them set to burn at different speeds without having to manually change the settings:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=lorle;2547426]My DVDFab uses something called VSO Burning Engine by default.
So I’m wondering why use Imageburn at all?[/QUOTE]

If it is working for you then all is good. :smiley:

Some of us like having more control of our burning, with Imgburn we can.:iagree:

We can set the burn speed according to the different disc that we have, and Imgburn can do so much more. :iagree:

Hey SJ I guess we were typing at the same time :bigsmile:

Thx for the replies. As a matter of fact I have had some recent burning issues and have been working with dvdfab support the last couple of days. I’ll give this a try - maybe it will be the answer to my problems.

[QUOTE=lorle;2547437]Thx for the replies. As a matter of fact I have had some recent burning issues and have been working with dvdfab support the last couple of days. I’ll give this a try - maybe it will be the answer to my problems.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think you’ll be sorry for the switch :wink:

Didn’t write to disk - I got an error: power calibration area???
Anyone know what that means?

Great stuff SJ. This is very helpful to all the members.:iagree:

Excellent SJ, I always use your “How To’s”. Very easy to understand especially your latest “DVDFab and ImgBurn” you just did.

Just one question: On a previous DVDFab-ImgBurn “How To” you had mentioned: Page#1 make sure there is a check mark in the box next to CLOSE PROGRAM. On your latest DVDFab-Imgburn “How To”, there is no reference To Page #1 regarding putting a check mark next to CLOSE PROGRAM. Should I just follow your latest version of DVDFab-ImgBurn?

Thank You

[QUOTE=lorle;2547472]Didn’t write to disk - I got an error: power calibration area???
Anyone know what that means?[/QUOTE]

lorle

That usually means bad media or trying to burn to fast.

Most here like using the Taiyo Yuden for single layer use and the Verbatim for the Dual Layer jobs.

We normally start burning at half the rated speed of the disc and then only increase the speed if the drive and disc can handle it.

[QUOTE=Alexia75;2547628]Excellent SJ, I always use your “How To’s”. Very easy to understand especially your latest “DVDFab and ImgBurn” you just did.

Just one question: On a previous DVDFab-ImgBurn “How To” you had mentioned: Page#1 make sure there is a check mark in the box next to CLOSE PROGRAM. On your latest DVDFab-Imgburn “How To”, there is no reference To Page #1 regarding putting a check mark next to CLOSE PROGRAM. Should I just follow your latest version of DVDFab-ImgBurn?

Thank You[/QUOTE]

The reason I removed it was because when using ImgBurn with DVDFab, DVDFab closes ImgBurn automatically :iagree:

Since DVDFab does that on its own I find leaving it un-checked handy because when using ImgBurn as a standalone program it stays open when I do multiple burn projects, and when using it with DVDFab it closes :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]