About the DVDFab Common Settings FAQ & Tip thread

vbimport

Hello everybody as you may or may not know there is a new sticky called the “DVDFab Common Settings FAQ & Tips” this thread will be a work in progress it contains a brief description of all settings available in the common settings.

There are some settings at the moment that do not have description at this time however those will be added, there also may be some that are not described properly but will be corrected over time.

I have added “Tip Boxes” which I have a few already under some of the settings and I will be adding more as the description are updated, the DVDFab common settings guide was created in the hopes of helping members/users in understanding the various settings, and reduce most issues and/or problems associated with the setting configurations.

I want to give thanks to Alan for his support and confidence in this new addition to the sticky section, I also wish to give special thanks to Wombler for his help and vast knowledge.

SJ

To SJ. Excellent-excellent work.:clap::clap:
Ant

Now we know why you can’t sleep :iagree:

Excellent guide/help sheet my friend :clap: :clap:

Now you should get some rest before the next project :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=bean55;2549323]Now we know why you can’t sleep :iagree:

Excellent guide/help sheet my friend :clap: :clap:

Now you should get some rest before the next project :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

:eek: Next!!! project :doh: let me sleep on that comment for a bit :bigsmile:

BTW since you do BR backups I will be looking for you on brief descriptions for those settings if you don’t mind :slight_smile:

There has been changes to the common settings sticky…

Post #1 now contains jump links to the various program categories to avoid having to scroll to them :smiley:

Posts #2-> “General main settings page” under the “Allow multiple instances of DVDFab” now has a tip on how to use that feature :smiley:

Post #3 Also has new tips :bigsmile:

Oh!! almost forgot… I also removed my signature from each post to reduce the clutter :bigsmile:

[B]SJ[/B]

OK as I stated in post #1 the common settings thread is a work in progress and as changes are made I will let you know here in this thread :bigsmile:

Updated the A/V Codec settings page descriptions and added a tip box :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

Sounds great. I haven’t been around in a long time. Things have been going so well, I haven’t had any problems to look up. Don’t do BR. I sure could have used a guide a few years ago. Instead of having to learn things the HARD way. Made many mistakes and learned from them. See you are still keeping up the good work.

[QUOTE=DONVAN;2550576]Sounds great. I haven’t been around in a long time. Things have been going so well, I haven’t had any problems to look up. Don’t do BR. I sure could have used a guide a few years ago. Instead of having to learn things the HARD way. Made many mistakes and learned from them. See you are still keeping up the good work.[/QUOTE]

Hey DONVAN

Nice to hear from you my friend :cool:

Yeah been a very long time :frowning: you know you don’t have to have an issue with the product to mingle with friends here in the forum :smiley:

and thanks just trying to keep busy and help with a little fun all at the same time :iagree:

[B]SJ[/B]

:clap:To S.J.
Wow what a great guide on DVDFab Settings those 34pages are very helpful and easier to understand (over the 4/10/10 guide)
Great Work & I Thank You for it:clap::wink:
nedt

[QUOTE=Ned T Madingjer;2550596]:clap:To S.J.
Wow what a great guide on DVDFab Settings those 34pages are very helpful and easier to understand (over the 4/10/10 guide)
Great Work & I Thank You for it:clap::wink:
nedt[/QUOTE]

Hi Ned

You are more then welcome my friend happy to hear it is helpful to you, I will be adding some more tips later on :wink:

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :flower:

[B]SJ[/B]

Well its me again :bigsmile:

Just added a link in the tip box under “Read settings” to the new thread on "Cleaning DVD/CD :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

That should be a ‘lint’ free cloth SJ not ‘lent’. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2550765]That should be a ‘lint’ free cloth SJ not ‘lent’. :wink: [B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
Can’t a “lent” free cloth be a “lint” free cloth ?

[QUOTE=Wombler;2550765]That should be a ‘lint’ free cloth SJ not ‘lent’. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks been fixed

[QUOTE=cholla;2550814]Can’t a “lent” free cloth be a “lint” free cloth ?[/QUOTE]

Two different meanings :wink:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2550824]Thanks been fixed[/QUOTE]

No problem and nice idea for a guide. :cool:

If you want to make it more comprehensive you could also add details of polymer fluid kits and ‘Skip Doctor’ style polishing machines too.

The polymer kits are the least severe method and always worth a try before the more extreme methods.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2550825]Two different meanings ;)[/QUOTE]
That was meant to be a play on the words by me.
Let me explain.
If someone lends me a cloth that is lint free & doesn’t charge me anything.
Then that would be a “lent” free “lint” free cloth . :wink:

[QUOTE=Wombler;2550910]No problem and nice idea for a guide. :cool:

If you want to make it more comprehensive you could also add details of polymer fluid kits and ‘Skip Doctor’ style polishing machines too.

The polymer kits are the least severe method and always worth a try before the more extreme methods.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes that would be more comprehensive :iagree:

If you wish you can add what you think under the image to improve it, what I have is only the basic for quick cleaning and easy to follow cleaning for average users/members :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=cholla;2550925]That was meant to be a play on the words by me.
Let me explain.
If someone lends me a cloth that is lint free & doesn’t charge me anything.
Then that would be a “lent” free “lint” free cloth . ;)[/QUOTE]

No need to explain :smiley: my comment back to you was to get you to post again :bigsmile: I see it worked :stuck_out_tongue: LOL

[B]SJ[/B]

Hello to all those into BR backups…

Have added a “Tip Box” on the Blu-ray copy settings page in the common settings FAQ & Tips thread :smiley:

[B]SJ[/B]