About readers & writers

I’m getting very frustrated reading LiteOn forum. I’m gonna buy my first cd-rw drive and wondering that all " LiteOn 24102B cant read that and that cd, BUY a better reader ". I dont have money to buy a new reader drive so if I buy LiteOn 24102B or LG GCE8160B will I be able to do any backups of my games? And whitch one is better (LiteOn?)? I have some cheap cd rom drive and I don’t think it can read any sub data or do any RAW (It doesnt have anything labeled on it’s any side).

So please help me.

Thanks.

Sorry for my bad english… :frowning: :confused:

I would also like know what do you guys think about my friends tactic: he makes .iso out of cd with his burner and burns it then to blank.

He has crappy cd rom drive too

Originally posted by Mannerheim007
[B]I would also like know what do you guys think about my friends tactic: he makes .iso out of cd with his burner and burns it then to blank.

He has crappy cd rom drive too [/B]

This option works…it requires you to change discs, but if you’re ok with that you can save yourself some money.

Thank you, fast service

I would like to receive more information about that first question, so how is it? How well do they read? What am I missing by not having some great LiteOn reader? Whats the percent of games that LiteOn 24102B can’t read? (I still don’t get it how it can’t read some sub data…but hey, that’s me…I don’t know much about these things)

So far, the Lite-On kicks A** at copying games. In fact, if someone knows how to copy it, it can be copied with the 24X lite-on. The only fault with it is it’s DAE isn’t great (which isn’t that important unless you’re a golden ear), and it can’t read past the lead-out entry in the TOC, which is required for ripping certain audio copy protections (damn you midbar!!).