About physical CD characteristics

vbimport

Noob question: A working backup of a Securom 4.8x protected CD should have the same or similar physical characteristics output file (sort of a 1/x graph with square waves superposed on it) as the original, right?

If so, then I am finding it strange that my Blindwrite 4.29 produced a CD with the physical characteristics of simple inverse graph with no superposed square waves when I tried to read its physical characteristics again out of curiosity.

I did follow its instructions in the “How to BWA” document, and even more strangely, backups of the program seemed to run.

It seeams you made an “autoplay” backup (see options in Blindwrite).
If autoplay is checked, the physical parameters are stored on the first sector of the backup and blindwrite uses emulation.

If autoplay is unchecked, you will have a “twinpeak-like” backup with quite the same “squares” as the original

If you are trying to review your graph after you saved it, first open the BWA builder and set the last sector to 358200 and then open the BWA you are trying to look at, that should make your graph look like it should.

Originally posted by gowap
[b]It seeams you made an “autoplay” backup (see options in Blindwrite).
If autoplay is checked, the physical parameters are stored on the first sector of the backup and blindwrite uses emulation.

If autoplay is unchecked, you will have a “twinpeak-like” backup with quite the same “squares” as the original [/b]

Do I therefore need blindwrite installed and running in the background if I the program to work? That is strange, because I don’t usually have it running in the background and yet it still works fine on my old comp, but not my new one, which does not have it installed. (I was starting to blame the new comp’s drive, but then found out it was a Litey-48126S, my old one is a Litey-40125K)

Originally posted by kamikazee
If you are trying to review your graph after you saved it, first open the BWA builder and set the last sector to 358200 and then open the BWA you are trying to look at, that should make your graph look like it should.

Thanks…but no, I was trying to make and check for a “Twinpeak like” backup as gowap said.