About Nero 7's Back-it-up software

Can we say it is as much performant and thrustworthy as the usual backup softwares like Ghost, True Image or else?
What are the differences if any?

Organe

Well, since no one else has added an opinion, I will share my experience from yesterday.

I was trying to use Nero BackItUp to back up my active partition on my hard drive. After about an hour it says it cannot lock the partition because it is active and being used. So I try “ignore”, and all three times I ended up with an error message and no backup. I see no way to backup the primary partition (even in safe mode), since there doesn’t seem to be a way to do it from a dos or linux prompt. You can restore that way, but not backup.

To be fair, I was probably doing something wrong, and I did not try to back up just specific files. My opinion would have to be Nero might be OK for small stuff, but I don’t think I would use it for a must have backup.

Someone in another thread was critizing the new version of Ghost, saying it wasn’t as good as it used to be–but I haven’t used it.

At best, the reviews are mixed and I would be nervous about using a backup program that has that kind of a track record.

Take a look at this thread as there is far greater agreement that Acronis is worth a look.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=197316&highlight=acronis