About Merge

I decided to try DVDFab5s Merge capabilities today after reading up on it a bit.

So I used Customize to copy four titles from three separate DVDs onto my HDD and then used Merge to burn from these three separate folders to a DVD+RW.

Everything worked fine and I was able to play through all four titles on my Panasonic DVD player.

The only question I have is whether there is a way to preserve menus. When I loaded the DVD into my player, it immediately began playing the 1st title and the menu button was not functional. Of course, I was able to switch to another title. But it would be nice to have menu selection.

Did I miss something or is it impossible to preserve menus using Merge?

Sorry that I have a bad habit sometimes of leaping before I look.

I read the Merge “User Guide” more thoroughly just now and saw that there are no menus on the burned DVD when using Merge.

So my question has been answered.

You could try to make your own menus if you feel up to it. Once you get the hang of it , it is really quite simple. I have been using Titlewriter(Freeware) for over a year now. Just a thought.

[QUOTE=nodebtdude;2120411]You could try to make your own menus if you feel up to it. Once you get the hang of it , it is really quite simple. I have been using Titlewriter(Freeware) for over a year now. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

I do not plan on using Merge that often. But thanks for the information. I’ll look into Titlewriter when I have the time.

[QUOTE=captainvideo;2120551]I do not plan on using Merge that often. But thanks for the information. I’ll look into Titlewriter when I have the time.[/QUOTE]

Titlewriter has no guide :doh: so you will have to go by trial and error until you lern how the program works, good luck :rolleyes: