About making a copy protected vcd

vbimport

Hi everyone!
I need information about how to make copy protected vcd and I found some information here http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread/t-79364.html
I tried to do what IzNoGoud said, create image file of one of my vcd’s with alcohol %120 software and i had two separated files named gerekmez.cue and gerekmez.bin Then I tried to open gerekmez.cue file with CDMage and had that error msg “Invalid format of cue… Error in file statement Line:1”
Another problem is with freelock. I created freelock.dat on C driver. After that i use command on ms-dos promt from A diskette driver “freelock /o d:\gerekmez.cue” then i had "ERROR: Could not open D:\gerekmez.cue . Either the file does not exist, or its not a valid <8.3 format> file name.
Any help appreciate:rolleyes:

Can you please copy and paste the . cue file for us to see.
a standard one looks like this
FILE “anyold.bin” BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
FLAGS DCP
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
FLAGS DCP
INDEX 00 00:04:00

The index times might change, but that’s about it.

(P.S to read a .cue file, open it with Notepad)

I opened gerekmez.cue file with notepad :
FILE “GEREKMEZ.BIN” BINARY TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

Same problem when I just tried to open that file with CDMage. "Invalid format of cue file. D:\gerekmez.cue
Error in File statement
Line:1

My vcd includes some video clips and i dont think there is any
copyright protection which could be reason to gave me “invalid format fo cue” msg.

Are you sure your image is Mode1-2352? Maybe it is Mode2-2352 instead. Also, should only the ‘FILE’ part be on the first line of the CUE?

I think it is Mode1-2352. I created cue/bin image with Alcohol %120 software with ‘image making wizard’ from main menu. But I am not so sure how could be a .cue file, this is the first time when i create cue/bin image file. Its familiar with “petera” .cue file example.

If the file is a true vcd file then the cue file should read as follows;

[ul]FILE “GEREKMEZ.BIN” BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:04:00[/ul]As petera said the index times might be different for your vcd, but try this example and see what error code you now get.
PS the cue and bin file should be identically named ie
gerekmez.cue
gerekmez.bin
as this can sometimes cause problems.
Sorry I did not read your post correctly as for copy protection I am unable to help as I’ve never used these programs, sorry for the mis-understanding on my part:(

I did paste and copy FILE “GEREKMEZ.BIN” BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:04:00

as you said john and I get a different msg:
Invalid format of file: GEREKMEZ.BIN

Thanks and dont be sorry, I appreciate your help!

gerekmez, did the original CUE file that Alcohol created state MODE1 or MODE2? You need to make sure that your CUE matches whatever Alcohol created. Normally, a VCD will be MODE2/2352. If you rip a game however, it would normally be MODE1/2352. You can determine which format your BIN file is in if you open it up with a Hex editor and look at the 16th byte of the first line. If it ends with a ‘2’ then you have MODE2. If it ends with a ‘1’ then you have MODE1.

I am trying to create cue/bin image file once again using one
of my vcd’s. I did that before but I used some video clips in
vcd. Now I’m trying with original vcd.
Alcohol just prepared image file and everything seems fine.
There is two files again, gerekmez.bin and gerekmez.cue . I am
trying to open cue file with CDMage… Same thing…

Also I just opened gerekmez.cue with IsoBuster and I see there is two tracks: Track01 and Track02. Track01 have LBA :0 , 1.76MB size. Track 02 have LBA: 900, 614.14MB size.
When I select sector view, I saw numbers only in LBA 16 others are 0.
First line of LBA 16 is :
0000 : 01 43 44 30 30 31 01 00 43 44 2D 52 54 4F 53 20

Sector view in Track02 shows:
Device reported Error code : 05/64/01

Seems its going to complicated to make copy protected cd even I couldnt open a cue file. Guess I have to find another way to do that. Thank you RichMan, John and Petera for your answers!