About Feed Up!

I’ve used BlideWrite for a long time now. I’ve always been a 4.2.5 user and was able to burn any thing I wanted and it worked on any drive I applied it too. Friends would come to me to make their back ups. There wasn’t a drive out there it wouldn’t work on.

Now that I have installed BW5 I can’t even get my own burners to play the game. My ASUS Reader works fine. My Plex won’t even read the disk correctly. And the LiteON will read it but won’t allow me to play the game. I’ve installed BW - .112 with autoplay (downloaded Ver 4) and have just tried it again and only the ASUS will play the game. I’ve even went back to a game that I have burnt successful in the past DFBHD and it won’t go.

I plan to start writing to BW support tonight and see what I can work out. But I am totally stumped as to why it seems to work for some and not me when in the past I could back-up anything there was. This autoplay function doesn’t seem to be working at all … I wish I could find where it shows it’s even booted on my system.

Does this have anything to do with I’m in the United States, you know like CloneCD and it’s hide feature ??

Very frustrated !!

you don’t provide any detail about what games etc…

Will be emailing you later tonight …

Originally posted by TeeCee
[B]I’ve used BlideWrite for a long time now. I’ve always been a 4.2.5 user and was able to burn any thing I wanted and it worked on any drive I applied it too. Friends would come to me to make their back ups. There wasn’t a drive out there it wouldn’t work on.

Now that I have installed BW5 I can’t even get my own burners to play the game. My ASUS Reader works fine. My Plex won’t even read the disk correctly. And the LiteON will read it but won’t allow me to play the game. I’ve installed BW - .112 with autoplay (downloaded Ver 4) and have just tried it again and only the ASUS will play the game. I’ve even went back to a game that I have burnt successful in the past DFBHD and it won’t go.

I plan to start writing to BW support tonight and see what I can work out. But I am totally stumped as to why it seems to work for some and not me when in the past I could back-up anything there was. This autoplay function doesn’t seem to be working at all … I wish I could find where it shows it’s even booted on my system.

Does this have anything to do with I’m in the United States, you know like CloneCD and it’s hide feature ??

Very frustrated !! [/B]

you may be having the same problem i was having where autoplay wasnt hiding the atip correctly…if i loaded alc120 with hide cdr media on the same computer the game would then play. try that. i think theres still something fishy about autoplay 4 ive seen it install without the caufin drivers more than once…i had to install those seperatly…its real hit and miss for me. currently i just use bw5 for securerom titles with my plex premium…im using ccd for everything else on my asus…liteons work well with ccd also.

note: i know bw5 will copy as well as ccd if i could just slow down the freakin write speed manually…trying to write 12x media at 52x doesnt cut it (resolves at about 24x which still creates coasters). was told to buy verbatam datalifeplus media…well i have regular verbatams that work fine with ccd if i just slow the write time down to 16x.

Originally posted by Jamos
[B]you may be having the same problem i was having where autoplay wasnt hiding the atip correctly…if i loaded alc120 with hide cdr media on the same computer the game would then play. try that. i think theres still something fishy about autoplay 4 ive seen it install without the caufin drivers more than once…i had to install those seperatly…its real hit and miss for me. currently i just use bw5 for securerom titles with my plex premium…im using ccd for everything else on my asus…liteons work well with ccd also.

note: i know bw5 will copy as well as ccd if i could just slow down the freakin write speed manually…trying to write 12x media at 52x doesnt cut it (resolves at about 24x which still creates coasters). was told to buy verbatam datalifeplus media…well i have regular verbatams that work fine with ccd if i just slow the write time down to 16x. [/B]

I have not had any success with BW5 at all. I have made as I said successful burns with 4.2.5 and 4.5.7 with NO AUTOPLAY NEEDED and now after installing BW5 nothing … even with autoplay active (least I think it is) all though the beta stages from .95 on up … no success. All my burns will play in my ASUS Reader but none in the burners, and I thought that was what autoplay’s funtion was ???

I just email BW team, maybe they can help me get to the bottom of this. :confused:

Are you trying to use the copies in the computer where Blindwrite is installed or another where only the auto-play filter is installed?

Originally posted by kamikazee
Are you trying to use the copies in the computer where Blindwrite is installed or another where only the auto-play filter is installed?

In the computer where BW is installed. I’ve also been able to use the copies in my kids computer where BW is NOT installed nor autoplay and it will work because they have a READER only in the system. I can not get a DVD-ROM or Burners to play the games.

And I thought that was the whole idea with autoplay. I know it won’t be long before I dump my reader for a DVD burner and I see a problem coming.

Thanks for the replies by email and I will be getting back to you very soon.

can you only read the cd’s in cd-readers, not cd-writers?

Originally posted by genjai
can you only read the cd’s in cd-readers, not cd-writers?

Yes, that was the problem. I just now burnt good backups with BW5 with autoplay active and they play in all drives. I found that by downloading the self Autoplay program I can then uninstall it and those same disk will not play in my reader now. Go figure

I have multiple disk from trying to solve my troubles I wish I labeled them but, now some of those disk play in all my drives without autoplay active. Now I have to start over again to see what the heck I set the program to do. Like I said, sure wish I kept track on what I was doing :a

I have been blessed in the past with BW and figured this would be a no brainier … world is full of surprises.

[B]In the computer where BW is installed. I’ve also been able to use the copies in my kids computer where BW is NOT installed nor autoplay and it will work because they have a READER only in the system. I can not get a DVD-ROM or Burners to play the games.

And I thought that was the whole idea with autoplay. I know it won’t be long before I dump my reader for a DVD burner and I see a problem coming.

Thanks for the replies by email and I will be getting back to you very soon. [/B]

what media are you using…i too can not backup Safedisk titles with bw5 without autoplay because it writes way too fast and no, setting the write speed in bw5 doesnt work for me. I was told to use verbatam datalifeplus media as it may handle the fast writing speed (havent tried it). You may have the same problems look at how long it takes to write to your media if its around 6 min or less its prolly too fast.

and yes if you burn with autoplay you need autoplay to run titles on other computers…even readers…at least for me thats what i have to do.

Originally posted by Jamos
[B]what media are you using…i too can not backup Safedisk titles with bw5 without autoplay because it writes way too fast and no, setting the write speed in bw5 doesnt work for me. I was told to use verbatam datalifeplus media as it may handle the fast writing speed (havent tried it). You may have the same problems look at how long it takes to write to your media if its around 6 min or less its prolly too fast.

and yes if you burn with autoplay you need autoplay to run titles on other computers…even readers…at least for me thats what i have to do. [/B]

Media I’m using is brand marked “Precision” I’ve use them for some time now (cheap - yes) with successful results until recently. That is one problem I see here. I used to rip at full speed and build my BWA at 24x, burn at max and worked every time. Now it’s all different :confused: Seems like a step back to me, but I’m not a programmer so what do I know :slight_smile:

I’m not trying to burn anything I have not had success in the past. Call of Duty, I just bought and it worked, even in my burners with 4.2.5. Other than that they are older titles. I did have success as long as autoplay is active and if I uninstall it they won’t play even in the reader. That one stumps me, you say if burnt with autoplay then you HAVE to have autoplay installed. Looks that way.

There has been a new versio released, it did fix a couple of things, download it and give it a try. It fixed some speed issues.

Originally posted by kamikazee
There has been a new versio released, it did fix a couple of things, download it and give it a try. It fixed some speed issues.

Thanks … will do.

[B]Media I’m using is brand marked “Precision” I’ve use them for some time now (cheap - yes) with successful results until recently. That is one problem I see here. I used to rip at full speed and build my BWA at 24x, burn at max and worked every time. Now it’s all different :confused: Seems like a step back to me, but I’m not a programmer so what do I know :slight_smile:

I’m not trying to burn anything I have not had success in the past. Call of Duty, I just bought and it worked, even in my burners with 4.2.5. Other than that they are older titles. I did have success as long as autoplay is active and if I uninstall it they won’t play even in the reader. That one stumps me, you say if burnt with autoplay then you HAVE to have autoplay installed. Looks that way. [/B]

try using the new version it may slow down your writes…with slow enough writes you should be able to get non autoplay backups from your asus. I know for a fact the problem with bw5 and my media is they write too fast for the media…safedisk 2.9+ needs slower writes to get good images (ie it may work with autoplay at fast write speeds but not without). Ive seen that most persons state to get a really good backup of sd2.9 to not write faster than 12x…if you look at the alcoholer settings they reccomend 4x on the writes.

and the reason your copies will only work with autoplay is because the copies really arnt good enough to run without autoplay…if you slow down your writes you should be able to get good ones (i even slow my reads down to 8x).