About copy protection, BWA, and windows

3 questions^^~ my first ones~~
uhm… well…

i think i saw before in this forum a link to a website where it lists games and their repective copy protection… can someone help me with that?? where i can get utilities that show what protection the game cds have?? what are their names?

what is exactly a BWA file and its equvalent in other software? i mean… what is the use of it? i think i heard it is a density something calculator??

and the second stuff…
i used to have windows XP sp1, but recently changed to win 2000 sp4…
the problem is that… i think my image extracting has gone slower or duller… i dunno…
i’m using cloneCD v4.2.0.2 to make an image of starcraft and is taking years… i finally did it reading it with my lite-on LTD-163D GHRA firmware.
i just could not do it T_T
also my samsung CDRW SW-224B R05 is so slow…
is it because of windows 2000? because i remember making a copy of starcraft before in windows XP and didn;t took me that long… is it the operating system then??
and i only use nero, cloneCD and blindwrite…
also blindwrite was not working for making the image…
it is the battlechest version of starcraft… what kind of copy protection is that? i got a lot of sector read errors using cloneCD.

that it… haha~ thanx for those who read~~ and tthank you for the help u r going to give me~ (hopefully)

1. Game Copy Protections and DivX Crap

2. & 3. Not sure about either of these questions. I would try to give you some info based on what I know, but I don’t want to confuse you. I know that BlindWrite and BWA files (used in combination with TwinPeak) are good for backing up the latest SecuROM games if you don’t have a writer like the Plex Premium, but that’s about as far as I know. Somebody else should be along and might be able to answer your questions a little more thoroughly. Thank CDFreaks we have so many knowledgeable people here!

wow~1 i got reply pretty fast!
thanx a lot.
i wonder if someone knows about the starcraft problem…
uhm… by the way… are plextor CDRWs their own or are they rebaggaged stuff?? like the sony or tdk??

som …

well if you want copy protection detection software …say that three times fast …here is a good site

www.portmac.com

go to downloads section …

good ones I use all the time are yates and clony xxl listed there …

plextor uses there own stuff …it is not rebadged stuff at all …I have own several plex’s in lifetime …

as far as windows xp and windows 2k slow burning problem …could be … but could be burners too …not sure alot of variables we dont know and cant figure out …

starcraft…scan with clonyxxl and see what protection is

hope this helps

cheers

oh~ you guys and gals here are awesome~
thanks for the reply~~
i hope itz not my burner…
cuz im kinda short on money, but i still want a new computer, and buy a new burner then. pc prices are pretty good now, but i dunno when would be the right time to buy a computer.
i just hope tejas comes soon.
or maybe prescott, but there’s a lot of talking about DRM (digital right management) being incorporated to hardware… do u know when it will start?
cuz then i have to get a new machine asap~~