About Clone method

vbimport

Until now, when using Clone I would always specify my DVD Burner’s drive as both my source and target. Thus the cloning and burning would be performed in a single two-step operation.

But I just read that I could specify that I Clone to an ISO file instead.

Does this mean that I can later on use “Write” to burn from the ISO to a DVDR and the result would still be an exact clone of my original DVD?

It would be the same as you would obtain using Clone mode and writing immediately. Neither is precisely identical. You would need to click on the ISO button on the Source line when using Write Data.

[QUOTE=signals;2162825]It would be the same as you would obtain using Clone mode and writing immediately. Neither is precisely identical. You would need to click on the ISO button on the Source line when using Write Data.[/QUOTE]

It did not work!

For one of my DL DVDs, I used the Clone mode and created an ISO.

The next day, I inserted a blank DVD+R DL (verbatim MIS never had a problem) and attempted to burn from the ISO using the Write mode. It appeared to be burning fine [B]until finalization began[/B] when, all of a sudden, the disc ejected and I got a “Burn Failed” error message. [B]This was after almost 40 minutes![/B]

All I wanted to do was use Clone to save to my hard drive instead of burning directly to DVD+R DL.

Maybe this method is not correct or ISO is not good for DL. Should I stick to Full Copy where it creates a Video_TS folder?