About CD Burning

vbimport

Hey just wondering, can burning a CD at an unsupported speed cause it to not play?

When I use image burn if gives me a list of supported write speeds… (im guessing it reads the blank cd and tells me whats supported?)

[QUOTE=peck1234;2161184]Hey just wondering, can burning a CD at an unsupported speed cause it to not play?

When I use image burn if gives me a list of supported write speeds… (im guessing it reads the blank cd and tells me whats supported?)[/QUOTE]

Look at what the media itself say it can do that usually is the max burn rated speed then cut that in half and burn at that speed. Myself regardless of what the media rated speed is I burn at 8x speed the lowest for cd burns.

Burn speed shouldn’t be an issue for CDR media. The only exception would be if you are trying to use a really crappy media.

Hey just wondering, can burning a CD at an unsupported speed cause it to not play?

Possibley , but most likely not play well or not last.
Most CD’s can be burnt at a very high speed compared to DVD’s

My opinion is in general burning CD’s can be burnt closer to the rated speed of the disc with less problems.

Burning DVD’s in general should be at half the rated speed

The type and brand of disc’s can mess the whole " in general " thing all up.

I think it also has to do with the type of burner and sofware your using as well affects the quality of burns. I never burn CD at the rated speed.