About audio/sync problem in DVDFab mobile

hi.

I know the new version of DVDFab have some audio/video sync problems in some DVD or for some special device. I am sorry for this problem boring you.

now I need some information to fixed this problem, please help me and provide more information about your sync problem.

first, make sure your are using the newest DVDFab (4.1.2.0).

second. please tell me, which DVD has the a/v sync problem, and the sync problem happend in where, in the begin or increase by the playtime. or in some special chapters ?

third. if you have a/v sync problem for the special device, like ipod etc, please test this DVD and output in other device. like generic or psp, and tell me your test result.

now, I have some information for this problem.

DVD:
Stargate SG-1 season 6,7
Good Luck Chuck,
Zathura.

Thanks, your information will help me to fix the problem and make the a/v sync logic more better.

Hello Ting
A/V sync on all DVDs if Advanced Title Settings is used to select a start that is not chapter 1. Archos504/604 profile (H.264+MP3), audio leads video by about 800-1200 ms, seems to be constant through entire rip, delay is present in file (PC w/VLC and on device), 4.1.2.0. Sync is fine with chapter 1 start. Other settings: Crop OFF, 480x270 .4 bits/pixel, no subpix.

Bump. [B]It is important for anyone with A/V sync issues to respond to Ting’s request.[/B]

A/V Synch with Spiderman 3, region 2.

Starts off fine, with no synch issues, but quite bad by the middle of the film and (I think) gets worse by the end - very hard to tell, since we are talking about sub-second.

[quote=Klaus_K;2038591]A/V Synch with Spiderman 3, region 2.

Starts off fine, with no synch issues, but quite bad by the middle of the film and (I think) gets worse by the end - very hard to tell, since we are talking about sub-second.[/quote]Thanks Klaus_K–I think Ting would also need to know which device/profile you were using for the conversion.

Using ps3 device, (h264 + aac). Enchanted DVD. 1-pass encoding (2-pass does not even work but is mentioned in a different thread) Fixed Bitrate 1756kbps 704X298 .279 bits/Pixel, Audio at 128kbps, no subpicture. Resize disabled. Framerate 29.97

Audio leads at about 800ms and stays pretty much constant as best I can tell throughout the entire movie. One thing to note is that these results are the same whether I use Advanced Title Settings or not. So slightly different than Signals. :wink:

Another thing to note, also tried to use Megui 2.6.1041 to create mp4 for ps3 same purpose in mind, with nearly same result on the same DVD. Audio leads video. Must admit that I just recently re-bricked my machine and this was the first DVD tested since and first with the 4.1.2.0 version. I’ll try another and post the results.

Almost identical settings used for “Stardust” as with “Enchanted”

Only difference was Fixed Bitrate 1511kbps. 704x292 0.245 Bits/Pixel. I usually change fixed bitrate to end up with about a 1.5GB file. :cool:

[B]This one worked fine though.[/B]

So there may be something on a DVD by DVD basis, considering my other experience with Megui, this “problem” may not be ‘DVDFab’ specific.

Ultimately I would love a solution. :flower:

Apologies - this is with the device/profile being set to [I]iPod[/I], with all settings being at their default value. I am happy to try with tweaked settings if anybody can suggest a change that might improve things.

stargate sg1 ark of truth, psp
knocked up psp.

are the only two i have tried so far.

i will try more and i will try to other devices.

I have this problem when converting “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl” to PSP format. On the PSP the audio at the beginning of the movie appears to be synced with the video, but by the end it is off by more than 10 seconds.

1. Problem with DVD “The Kite Runner” .3 sec audio lag start, 1.3 sec end

PVP Zen Vision W
Audio track 1
320x183
set 760 kbs
set audio 128 kbs
set volume 150%

1. Another try with “The Kite Runner” .3 sec audio lag start, 1.3 sec at end

Ipod
Audio track 1
H.264 format, 760kbs setting, 128kbs audio
Volume 150%
Did this 2 weeks ago and can’t remember more details

1. More significant lag with DVD "No Country for Old Men"
    Same settings as 1 above. Lag increased during movie

2. 3 other DVD’s perfect using these settings and same computer

Thanks

Hi Ting,

My problem isn’t specifically an a/v synch issue, but another poster kindly suggested I post over here. Beginning with Fab Platinum 4120 I’ve no longer been able to rip to my ipod touch. DVD Fab thinks it’s completed the task successfully but when I try to sync the new file to my ipod I get a message that says the file wasn’t loaded to my ipod because my ipod would not be able to play it. This started as soon as I upgraded to 4120.

The only way I could rip to my ipod was to do a complete, clean uninstall of 4120, then re-install an old copy of 4102. That’s what I’ve been using ever since. I hoped that the next version of DVD Fab Platinum would fix the issue, but I’ve just tried the beta of Fab 5.0 and I have exactly the same problem. I suppose I can keep using 4102, but I hate to think I won’t be able to use any future upgrades.

Some technical info:

I’m using Windows Vista, Home Premium. iPod Touch. DVD Fab Platinum 4120 and beta 5.0. Many different DVD’s.

Judging by other messages on these boards, it seems like a couple other people ran into the same problem as soon as they switched to 4120.

Thanks for anything you can do.

Attempting to rip DVD to iPod format; all attempts (H.264, H.264-5.5G, sizes with width 480x260 and 640x348, bitrate 615kbps-1200 kbps, audio both 64 and 128 kbps, 1-pass encoding. ALL attempts result in audio ahead of video by about a second. Other disk attempted works fine. This is latest software, updated yesterday. Previous version would not copy this disk.

A/V sync problem with “Pirates of the Caribbean 2-Dead Man’s Chest” region 1.
Sony Ericsson cellphone profile, framerate 15fps, 176x144 frame resolution, subpicture off, all other settings default.
Audio ahead of video about 3 seconds, consistant throughout entire move.

A/V sync problem with Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, and Emperor’s New Groove, all using generic.xvid.avi.audiocopy on 4.1.2.0.

Starts at about half way through each movie and gets worse throughout. Other Disney movies I have ripped seem ok.

dvd Neil Young heart of gold. region 2 DVD1 (concert) I selected chapters 11-15 to be split by chapter, using generic default (xvid +audiocopy). all output chapters were badly out of sync

hi,

If you have a/v sync problem, please try the new beta version

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-platinum-gold-hd-decrypter-5-0-1-5-beta-244487/

and please tell me your test result.

Thanks.

[quote=Ting;2052625]hi,

If you have a/v sync problem, please try the new beta version

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-platinum-gold-hd-decrypter-5-0-1-5-beta-244487/

and please tell me your test result.

Thanks.[/quote]

I signed up to watch this thread, waiting to see if a solution presented itself. It looks as though the problem is fixed, at least with my first test.

I ripped my Stargate SG1 DVD, Season 6, Volume 1 to iPod, mpeg 4 with no descernable av sync problems.

I haven’t tried other formats, but making these episodes available to put on my iPod was the reason I tried DVDFab to begin with. :slight_smile:

:cool: Eric the Grey

I can say the same thing for Sg-1 season 7 to generic avi as it was one that just wouldn’t sync in the past either.

Sorry to say I’m having big problems with the beta.

I’ve tried to copy The West Wing Series 3 using a generic avi (xvid + source audio ) profile to copy each episode individually. In a lot of episodes the audio sync is gone completely after about the first 5 minutes, the audio seems to be coming from completly different scenes.