About 40125S led

I have my ltr40125s zs0n installed as secondary slave device:
when I use it for read a disk, I see the activation of both the leds of the writer and of the Hark Disk…
I’m 100% sure that hard disk is idle so it should not light…
is it normal or it means that something is not 100% OK?
this fact doesn’t happen with my other CD-ROM reader …

I have an asus a7v133 and winxp, last drivers and DMA ON on all devices…

Adriano

i recall having a similiar issue some time ago- but made my writer the master on secondary - got better results too.

Anyway thought i mention it to you.:wink:

Hmmmm…I’ve just installed my Liteon 165H DVD (slave on iDE 1) and when I’m reading from it, as in on-the-fly copying, the HD led flashes at the same rate as the DVD led. It all works ok, but is a bit perplexing. Didn’t happen with the cd drive it replaced.

Sometimes I wish I’d taken up pistol shooting as a hobby, instead of computers - much more predictable and much less frustrating

Realistically, the HDD LED should flash when any of your IDE devices is active. For some reason, though, some devices don’t seem to trigger the LED when you would expect. I’ve had hard drives that didn’t cause the HDD LED to flash when they were doing certain operations, such as when I was recording a .wav file.

dentman42, what you say sort of makes sense, but this is the first time, in all my years of stuffing around with computers, that I’ve ever had a non-HDD device cause the HDD led to flash - must be lucky, I guess :slight_smile:

There have been several reports, here and on usenet, of this. It seems than many HD lights are actually reporting activity on the IDE buss, and some CD drives will trigger this. I never understood the reason for those dumb lights in the first place.

The reason for the lights?
The same as having a machine that goes “ping” - it looks good:cool:

I think the various result depends on difference MoBo and it’s BIOS. You plug HDD LED into motherboard or direct to HDD :wink: ?

the HDD led I mean is plugged to the MB :wink:
Now I have the liteon master and the cdrom slave on the same channel, nothing is changed…
if i connect the liteon secondary master alone the HDD led seems work fine when I turn on my PC… but when I read a disk it light like the led on the writer… again…

yes… it is not a problem… it’s a normal act for my system :slight_smile:
I have the UDMA5 HDD a multywordDMA2 cdrom and an UDMA2 writer lol… crazy…
Cool forum …

Adri