Able to Rip Blu-Ray to anything, other than Blu-Ray?

vbimport

Hey everyone :slight_smile:

I have been using DVDfab for a long time, and love it… but just this week I bought a PS3 Slim, and I’m pretty PUMPED about jumping into the waters of HD gaming and movies!

My question revolves around disc duplication cocerning Blu-Ray…

- Is there anyway to Rip Blu-Ray to an ISO and play back on the PS3, or, is there a way to Rip it to a DL-DVD (using main movie only, it shoudn’t compress the quality that much)?

The main reason I ask, is I’m looking for a way around spending $8-10 PER DISC on blank BD Media (especially when I can BD’s on sale for $7.99 on Amazon, lol) :frowning:

THANKS for any ideas on duplication, shrinking, or being able to play back .ISO (or any other) file-types on my Blu-Ray, so I can stream or play the movies on my PS3 in HD!

DVDFab can do all that for you so check out the trial version and see what you think.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2470110]DVDFab can do all that for you so check out the trial version and see what you think.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

[B]NO WAY, I thought this was totally impossible[/B]. I have been using DVDfab for almost 2 years now, so I’m familiar with it. I just made the switch to Blu-Ray though, so I had no idea!

[B]Does anyone have any experience ripping Blu-Rays to DL-DVD’s? Is there much of a distortion of 1080p native resolution copying it to a smaller optical media?[/B]

Like I said, I [I]THINK[/I] if I rip to a Verbatim DL-DVD ONLY using the “[B]Main Movie[/B]” function and eliminating all the add-ons, the quality might not suffer much!

I too am new to fab bluray and have not had alot of success as of yet. I have tried several bluray to dvd 9’s and the read rate is extremely slow. I have tried a different program and had a little better result as far as speed is concerned. Dont see much difference in quality between the old way of copying dvd5’s and copying the blurays. I am waiting for dvdfab author to come up with improvements for the bluray conversions. It looks to me as if the read is determined by the UDF 2.5 part of the program? I keep patiently watching and waiting.

[QUOTE=dual layer dvd;2470111][Like I said, I [I]THINK[/I] if I rip to a Verbatim DL-DVD ONLY using the “[B]Main Movie[/B]” function and eliminating all the add-ons, the quality might not suffer much![/QUOTE]

I haven’t upgraded to Blu-ray yet but I understand the quality on BD-9 is very good.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I have not gone the BD way but have read a few users mention that the BD9 has a pretty good picture quality and it is still much better than a DVD. Give it a try as all it will cost you is the cost for a DL blank but you need a Blu-ray player to play the BD9 movie as it is still in Blu-ray format even though it on a DL media.

Well I have been Backing up DVD’s Movie Only to DVD 5 and 9 for years with DVDFab, and love the results. Now I have been experimenting with Blu-ray, and find that it just isn’t worth the time to convert to BD9. You might as well get the full resolution of BD-R and BD-R DL, Movie Only. The Media is coming down in price, and you can find some good deals. So I use DVDFab and IMGBurn, with fantastic results.

[QUOTE=GJ;2470294]I have not gone the BD way but have read a few users mention that the BD9 has a pretty good picture quality and it is still much better than a DVD. Give it a try as all it will cost you is the cost for a DL blank but you need a Blu-ray player to play the BD9 movie as it is still in Blu-ray format even though it on a DL media.[/QUOTE]

Awesome… Sam’s Club had a great sale on Verbatim (what else!) DL-DVD’s, just over $1 per disc - looks like I’ll be doing some ripping! I have been running into some high inconsistency with DVDFab’s built-in VSO burning engine though… would it be better to rip the Blu-Ray to DVD9 to my hard drive and then use IMGburn to burn the disc?

The new PS3 Slim I got this week will take care of all the BD playback!!!

[QUOTE=alchav21;2471035]Well I have been Backing up DVD’s Movie Only to DVD 5 and 9 for years with DVDFab, and love the results. Now I have been experimenting with Blu-ray, and find that it just isn’t worth the time to convert to BD9. You might as well get the full resolution of BD-R and BD-R DL, Movie Only. The Media is coming down in price, and you can find some good deals. So I use DVDFab and IMGBurn, with fantastic results.[/QUOTE]

So you’re not a fan of the DVDfab built in burning engine either? I like IMGburn, that’s how I burn the ISO’s created by DVDfab.

I can’t justify paying $8-10 per blank BD when you can find them on Amazon (the real movie) for $7 shipped. But, I can justify using a Verbatim DL-DVD and using the “main movie” option to burn the a DL-DVD (DVD9) for $1.

For Burning DVD’s I use DVDFab and the built-in VSO, but for Blu-ray, I use IMGBurn. I like to Burn my Back-ups at full resolution, so I use Verbatim DVD+R and DVD+R DL for DVD’s, BD-R and BD-R DL for Blu-ray’s.

[QUOTE=alchav21;2471226]For Burning DVD’s I use DVDFab and the built-in VSO, but for Blu-ray, I use IMGBurn. I like to Burn my Back-ups at full resolution, so I use Verbatim DVD+R and DVD+R DL for DVD’s, BD-R and BD-R DL for Blu-ray’s.[/QUOTE]

The only reason I am reticent to copy at 100% resolution using BD-R’s is because the [B][I]cost is very prohibitive for me, PLUS[/I][/B] using the PS3, the built-in [B]Upconverting[/B] DVD player brings all of my movies up to near or even [B]indestinguishably similar quality as Blu-Ray[/B], all for $1 a disc (Verbatim DL-DVD @ Sam’s Club).

Have you, or has anyone else, been able to find a good source of Verbatim BD-R’s for $5 a disc or less, so they are at least somewhat ([I]5x as expensive still, even at that price[/I]) comparable to DL-DVD’s? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Yes, I pay about three for a 25 GB and 7.50 for a 50 GB.

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2471422]Yes, I pay about three for a 25 GB and 7.50 for a 50 GB.[/QUOTE]

[B]WHOA[/B]… [B][I]what[/I][/B]!? [B]Share a link with me to the website(s) where you are getting these deals!![/B] I’ll NEVER USE DVD AGAIN if this is true! $3 per BD-R… wow, looks like I’ll be in HD from here on out :slight_smile: [B]THANKS[/B]!

send me a PM with your e-mail attached.

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2471487]send me a PM with your e-mail attached.[/QUOTE]

I tried but a message popped up saying your PM has been disabled, is full, or is restricted. Thanks for offering though, if you can get PM up and running, shoot me a message with the link or website you purchase from - thanks! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=dual layer dvd;2471491]I tried but a message popped up saying your PM has been disabled, is full, or is restricted. Thanks for offering though, if you can get PM up and running, shoot me a message with the link or website you purchase from - thanks! :)[/QUOTE]

Please read-> http://club.myce.com/f116/how-send-us-correct-info-files-dvd-blu-ray-228008/