Abit nfs7-ver2 and cpu temp

vbimport

Please can someone help if I leave my computer and dont touch it my cpu temp is 53c but if I use the computer it drops to 45c shouldn’t it be the other way around ???

thanks

abit nfs7-ver2
xp3000+
qtec 550 psu
1 gig geil ddr 400mhz
80 gig ibm ata 100 hdd
radeon 9000 pro2
liton 166s dvd rom
liton 48x12x48
sony dru500 ux
3 com nic card

First thing you should do to a mobo before installing anything is update the BIOS, but since most people doesn’t know how to run DOS, or have a floppy drive… eh, nm.

Update your BIOS and you should see the correct temp show up. If not, reapply TIM (grease) and reseat HSF.

The temperature measurement of a mainboard can sometimes be very mistaking (even when reading the temperature from the CPU’s tempdiode).

Last week, I build a system based on a MSI K7NG2-ILSR mainboard (I have the same board -same revision-, with the same bios, only an other CPU but both with internal tempdiode) and experienced the same strange thing: as soon as I got to stressing the CPU, the temperature of the system got lower.

I can only think of good one reason (that didn’t apply to me btw) causing this, and that is a temperature controlled CPU fan (CPU gets hotter, fan accelerates). But I guess that would only keep the temperature down for a little while and it would get up again…
Does this perhaps apply to you?

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
I can only think of good one reason (that didn’t apply to me btw) causing this, and that is a temperature controlled CPU fan (CPU gets hotter, fan accelerates).

Was thinking the same thing! :wink:

Check the Abit support forums, their were problems with a few of the bios revisions of the motherboard and how it reads the temperature. Some users were getting strange results in different bios versions.

I believe someone mentioned to me that it was fixed in the most recent (possibly beta) bios.

Abit USA

Abit USA Forums