Abit motherboard problem?

vbimport

I have a pc with an Nforce 2 motherboard with an athlon xp processor.

Whenever I stream long videos from youtube, after a while the screen goes black, and long beeps comes out of it. Only restarting can fix the problem.

I though it’s the network card, but when I added in a PCI card, it still happens.

Is the motherboard dead?

It probably ran out of memory, it could be RAM, it could be the page file. What browser are you using? try using Firefox. I don’t think its your MB.

[QUOTE=eric93se;2078253]It probably ran out of memory, it could be RAM, it could be the page file. What browser are you using? try using Firefox. I don’t think its your MB.[/QUOTE]

It’s not just youtube now, it happens even on notepad. I think it is dead. I’ll try to clean the dust, but I don’t think that’s the problem, it’s not OCed or anything.

I wouldn’t implicate the mobo at this point either.
Please describe your rig in full.

Also please post a link to that youtube video, as I have an nForce2 box that I can use to compare results.

[QUOTE=jflan;2078493]I wouldn’t implicate the mobo at this point either.
Please describe your rig in full.

Also please post a link to that youtube video, as I have an nForce2 box that I can use to compare results.[/QUOTE]

http://www.driverheaven.net/audio-general-technical-discussion/156605-buzzing-when-i-move-mouse.html

It’s this problem, it’s either the MB’s capacitors or the power supply’s capacitors. But the PSU is a NEW enermax, so I would say it’s the MB that’s 3 years old now.

I get the
http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?t=98625

12.) A two-tone siren, generally caused by overheating or out of specification voltages

When I run OCCT I get buzzing noise, and whenever there is CPU activity, and the the siren noise comes up.

Do you know what your temps and voltages are when the siren sounds ?
If not, then have Speedfan (or similar) running next time so you can quickly access this information.

Open the case and inspect all the capacitors, look for buldging at the tops or liquid comming out. Use compressed air to clean out the dust, vacuuming is not a good idea because most brushes will generate static charge. Doing it outside is the best because the amount of dust is ususlly very high.

[QUOTE=eric93se;2078792]Open the case and inspect all the capacitors, look for buldging at the tops or liquid comming out. [/QUOTE]

I’ll do that now. Thanks.

Edit: If it has faulty capacitors, will continuing using the machine risk damage to other devices such as the power supply or the hard drive etc…?

1. You still need to know what your temps and voltages are when the siren goes off.
    a. You could be overheating.
    b. Power could be out of spec
    Just because the PS is new does not rule it out.

2. Don’t want to feed any preconceived notioning, but if you’re looking for bad caps, here are some images :
    http://www.badcaps.net/pages.php?vid=5
    The tops of the caps should be dead flat.
    In bad cases there will be stains and/or traces of liquid.
    A board with bad caps should be repaired or retired.