Abit and liteon burners

vbimport

my m8 has got a abit kt7 raid motherboard with 1gb of memory running winxp pro athlon 900 processor he can`t get any liteon burner to work in his system and he is wanting to buy one the problem he gets is when he puts in the writer and powers on the pc it just hangs completely any ideas what is causing this

cheers  bighun

Make sure the cables are in correctly and make sure the jumper settings are set as either Master or SLave.

Make sure that in the Bios, that there the area for the drives are enabled

I have 2 ABIT mobos (KT7A and KT7A-raid) I use my Liteon32x without any problem.

1- I have a 80 IDE pin cable connected to the burner.

2- Use a powerful PSU , at least 300W (or better 300VA) or higher
ANTEC is a good brand of PSUs

3-DOWNLOAD the lastest BIOS version for your MOBO, which also includes a updated version for the Highpoint RAID controller, most of the problems with abit mobos (w/ RAID) are due to OLD BIOS configurations.
ABIT Mobos with RAID capabilities are HARD to config sometimes so you’ll have to do a lot of tests.

4-Take a look at:
http://www.viahardware.com/faq/kt7/kt7faq.htm

This is the BEST page devoted to ABIT MOBOS… maybe your problem is already reported in that place.

5-If you have access to other computer , It would be useful to see if you have the lastest BIOS in your LITE-ON burner, Abit is known to have some problems with LITEON burners with older firmwares.

RHYTMOS

The only case I’ve seen problems is when you use LTR-24102B with abit boards. Other Lite-On models should be no problem.

But in my opinion abit is the worst mainboards to get, I would only have taken one if somebody throw it after me for free. Can’t help it but I’ve just had way to much problems with abit. Some models of their boards have had a return percent at around 30-35% in the worst cases.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]The only case I’ve seen problems is when you use LTR-24102B with abit boards. Other Lite-On models should be no problem.

But in my opinion abit is the worst mainboards to get, I would only have taken one if somebody throw it after me for free.

Crap I have had Abit KT7 A Raid board , With out any Liteon problems, And Now Have Abit KR7A Raid and they are the dogs Dangys :smiley:

The problem above Sounds very much like Power I say at Least 350 w NOW adays or cables. As what had already been pointed out.

As for Abit boards nothing wrong with them mate Yes they can have few little problems, Now and again but nothing that can’t be over come EG viahardware.com
As I don’t moan about mine as its A nice Raided 0 striped ATA 133 AMD 2100 XP overclocked to 2400XP memory is overclocked and Graphics card
and I have NO problems thats NO problems with mine and its fucking fast to :smiley: :smiley:

I have an Abit KG7-Raid with an XP1800, 512 Meg RAM and run Win2k. No problems at all with my Liteys.

Use an 80 conductor IDE cable and a big ass power supply.

Abit are the Kings:D

LA RA LA RA LA!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

well OC-Freak… maybe you were not a lucky one… :frowning:

I NEVER had a problem with any of my abit’s since my first one (LX6 w/pII 233 -OC 333)

Maybe in the recent models ABIT sacrificed some STABILITY in order to achieve PERFORMANCE, but with the LASTEST bioses those problems are gone.

I think the key is to have a good PSU… (PERIOD) and be willing to adjust at maximun the bios settings … (spend at least a few hours doing some tests) and voilà …

Remember ABIT is a board for OCs… not for everyone…
:slight_smile: —JUST KIDDING----

RHYTMOS

Yep same Here mate I agree I also have very good power supply, That is The key, along with the new bio’s and drivers along with a bit of tweeking here and there and you should’nt get any problems:)

Abit KT7 BIOS 64, Duron 650 @ 960, 384MB PC133, WinXP, 340w Enlight PSU…

Used both Lite-On LTN-302 CD-ROM and LTR-32123S CD-RW with no problems. :cool: